elaine

I was there from 1967 through to 1974

I can remember all my form tutors

Miss Thompson (Very old)

Miss Smith (Very Young)

Miss Hancock (very fit)

Miss Singleton was the Headmistress

Miss Chalmers (very strict but kind)

Miss Hammerton ( Stricter Loved the ruler)

Mr Hussey (Loved the hockey stick)

Mr Chambers (top bloke)

Mr Cook was the Headmaster

All in all a great school that taught discipline and to respect others that I hope I still value to this day

• 1 year later...
anyone out there remember pyebank infants from the 50's, I was Elaine Roebuck, and moved onto the Manor Estate in 1960.

My parents were George and Edith , my brother George and sister Mavis.

Hi there Elaine

I went to Ellesmere Primary in the seventies. Two sisters called Joanne and Michelle Roebuck attended at the same time they lived near Burngreave school...............

Hi Pitsmoorboy,

I lived in the yard on the corner of Brunswick Rd and Bramber St [an old derelict beer off shop was in the corner of the yard] There were no floors left in the old shop they had been taken for firewood. I think we moved out of Pitsmoor in 1957.

Hi,

Did you know a family called Fleming who lived on Brunswick Road, almost at the corner of Bramber Street? Their house was next to a derlict shop on the corner and opposite a pub, I think called The Vine. They were there in the 1940's and at least the early 50's

They had a son called Leslie and a daughter called Dawn. I went to Pye Bank and Burngreave schools with Leslie.

Regards

Hi,

Did you know a family called Fleming who lived on Brunswick Road, almost at the corner of Bramber Street? Their house was next to a derlict shop on the corner and opposite a pub, I think called The Vine. They were there in the 1940's and at least the early 50's

They had a son called Leslie and a daughter called Dawn. I went to Pye Bank and Burngreave schools with Leslie.

Regards

I remember the Websters, Trevor Ellis, Christine Acas and Kieth Hobson but not anyone called Fleming. My parents would probably remember them but they've both passed away.