Which Hotel is this from 1912

So glad this has been ressurected (sp?) again! Can't wait to find out about the enhanced pic!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/willo_07/Picture002.jpg.do,nt know if this worked,heres just an example of local architechture,i'm gonna post the original 1 on the local forum [scarbro].

..the bit after 'jpg' is not part of it, so this is the correct link:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/willo_07/Picture002.jpg

Hugh

Hm interesting but not it.

There must be some link with the architect or just the style of the period.

Looks like we are still looking in the Yorkshire ish area. Did anyone have a better photo of the Station Hotel at York apart from the usual sites, that looks like it aswell.

Sue

Hi this is a gripping read; just wondering if this 'Yorkshire Indexers' site may be able to help or carry a message if you join up Audrey....

http://www.yorkshireindexers.co.uk/forums/

Used by people researching Yorkshire family history etc.

Also looking at the Trade Directories for Sheffield:

As well as for 1911 - in 1919 George BUXTON is still the Victualler at the The Old Crown & Cushion 21 Old Street, Sheffield Park

Best wishes to the 'Building Hunters'!, Grantham

just read this thread for the first time, youve got me intrigued now too, i absolutely love old buildings, and thought, ahhh, i'll know it, but sadly, im no use.

ash

dont want to sound thick, but i've only very quickly read through some of this thread, (as its quite long)..... but is this definately in Sheffield?

worth looking at anyway, some great old buildings with some of the links

ash

... but is this definately in Sheffield?

No, the feeling is that it probably isn't. Apart from the fact that we can't find it in Sheffield (:) ) somebody has been able to read the name 'Tetley' on the lamp over the door [this is by enhancing the original I think]. At that period some people have said that Tetley's would have been limited to West Yorkshire - Leeds area probably. But we can't be sure:confused:

Hugh

:( sent the pic to a historian on the local paper & he does'nt think it is [or was] in scarboro.thnx hugh w 4 sortin the photo bucket out for me,that was almost as frustratin as the pic-lol.

Mr Strix assures me that it isn't still standing if it is/was anywhere near york station.

He commutes to York by train ;)

Has Audrey disappeared again? :(