Parsons Cross Unsafe Staircase

They claim to be the country's largest publisher but their,so-called, journos can't even name the locality correctly.

On 28/03/2024 at 08:09, pfifes said:

Ann Crookes’ unsafe staircase was first reported to the Sheffield council in 2018 - but the proper repairs are yet to take place

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/im-living-squalor-ive-been-28888592?fbclid=IwAR3rItNJIU_ct1T5lfe9Qs0cBm3ZMMZdADUqOcSs9gsprYltubuDqV0FkRM

See a solicitor and make sure there are no rent arrears or council tax late payments !

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 08:09, pfifes said:

Ann Crookes’ unsafe staircase was first reported to the Sheffield council in 2018 - but the proper repairs are yet to take place

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/im-living-squalor-ive-been-28888592?fbclid=IwAR3rItNJIU_ct1T5lfe9Qs0cBm3ZMMZdADUqOcSs9gsprYltubuDqV0FkRM

No apologies from the council, or explanations on why this has taken so long . Disgusting .

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No apologies from the council, or explanations on why this has taken so long . Disgusting .

Why has she let it go on for 6 years ?

You ever tried to get SCC to do anything in a timely manner ?- although I do agree this sounds very strange. Maybe we aren't hearing the full story?

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It is absolutely disgusting.  There is no excuse for this.  SCC should apologise to this lady and start repairs as a priority, she has waited far too long already.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You ever tried to get SCC to do anything in a timely manner ?- although I do agree this sounds very strange. Maybe we aren't hearing the full story?

Even if the is more to this story, that lady should not be expected to risk injury with an unsafe staircase.  Disgusting.

Agreed - but much as I distrust SCC - from personal experience - I'm still unconvinced we know the full details.

Yep I reckon there's more to this than meets the eye even scc would not take 6 years 😀 

20 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

Yep I reckon there's more to this than meets the eye even scc would not take 6 years 😀 

Really?  I would not be surprised about it.  I’ve heard similar stories about SCC.  But as I said, even if there is more to this than stated in the article, she should not have to risk injury with an unsafe staircase and 6 years is absolutely ridiculous in any circumstances.  It is disgraceful.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

She’s made the council look inept and stupid. If there was a story behind it , the council would use it to defend themselves.