Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

53 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What you talking bout suckermr t wtf GIF

I was a big A Team , Mr T fan when I was younger but don’t tell anyone, got my street cred to think of . 

Getting back on track - these buses take 3.5 hours to charge - I honestly thought it was longer - so in theory they could be charged at the interchange and returned to the depot in normal operating hours. (Must learn to check before I post 😀 )

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Getting back on track - these buses take 3.5 hours to charge - I honestly thought it was longer - so in theory they could be charged at the interchange and returned to the depot in normal operating hours. (Must learn to check before I post 😀 )

That is incredibly quick charging!

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

That is incredibly quick charging!

Still considerably longer than refuelling a diesel, though. 😀

They won't last long in service just like little nipper and the bendibus!

1 minute ago, gaz678 said:

Why?

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

Little Nipper drivers were more interested in waving at each other while driving, no wonder they scrapped the nippers

Nippers were never on time, always late and often hunted in packs of at least 3, seeking out unhappy passengers that had been waiting 1 hour for a nipper that was suppose to be 1 every 10 minutes then 3 would turn up

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Why?

Time will tell !

2 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

Time will tell !

So, you don't have an answer - is that what you are saying?

One thing I find (unsurprising) about this is that there is no information on the TSY site regarding the SC2 service. It must be available, bustimes have published a timetable, but although it is supposed to be operational in a fortnight, there is nary a mention on TSY.

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

One thing I find (unsurprising) about this is that there is no information on the TSY site regarding the SC2 service. It must be available, bustimes have published a timetable, but although it is supposed to be operational in a fortnight, there is nary a mention on TSY.

It will be fun getting round millsands on that at tea time rush hour.

24 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There was no real mention on there of Supertram’s changes until it actually changed over on Friday.

I wouldn’t expect to see anything about SC2 until the 8th.