Share The Last Good Deed You Have Done.

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

Not meaning to be confrontational, but why would you say Mom rather than Mum, Mummy, Mother etc?  I  do understand that language is fluid and changes over time  but these "Americanisms" (if that's a real word!) unfortunately really annoy me! Obviously I can't change it and will have to live with it and continue to grind my teeth on seeing such aberrations! 😉

I very seldom use that but one of my sons has always called me Mom and I quite like it,  people on here say Mam and they did where I was brought up,  I have never passed comment on that,  both sound cute.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cressida said:

That's why I didn't know your Mom was in hospital,  I rarely read your posts as they're mainly about cars or bikes.

Wish her well anyway.

Shall do Cressi.

I didn't post she was in hospital but did post she was unwell.

Cars and bikes are a way of life for us, but I do have other not as interesting interests  :huh:.

Once again Thank you Cressi 

Rocker 8)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draggletail said:

Not meaning to be confrontational, but why would you say Mom rather than Mum, Mummy, Mother etc?  I  do understand that language is fluid and changes over time  but these "Americanisms" (if that's a real word!) unfortunately really annoy me! Obviously I can't change it and will have to live with it and continue to grind my teeth on seeing such aberrations! 😉

I get where your coming from Draggletail.

Mother has always gotten the respect she deserves, so 'Mother' it is, 

Mam is the one I can't be doing with, especially when it was common to see it tattooed between the thumb and forefinger 🥴.

3 hours ago, Draggletail said:

Interesting, I don't know why but I'm surprised that human bites can be potentially more serious than cat bites.

More germs in a human mouth . 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Mam is the one I can't be doing with, especially when it was common to see it tattooed between the thumb and forefinger 🥴.

Got my first proper Tattoo in Rochester when I was 21 . When I told him I wanted it spelling  Mam , he asked me how I wanted Dad spelling  . 😂😂😂

Last week I went with a friend to his flat in a N. Wales seaside town to investigate a water leak from the flat above, which was a very small attic flat on the second floor. The owner of the flat let us in and we were greeted with an horrific mess, piles of rubbish in every corner, across the floor. He had been just tossing all his rubbish in the flat for the past 18 mth , a mountain of beer cans, food/cake/chocalate wrappers etc. The owner (a youngish man) apparently had psychological issues and was grossly obese. We located the leak and fixed it, however to help both him and us we decided to clean out all the rubbish and hoover up. The toilet/ shower cubical was a sight to behold (dare not show photos!), I was shoveling "debris" off the floor with a plastering trowel. After a day and a half, it was beginning to look reasonable. my friend then bought and fitted a new toilet seat.

In the pic are about 24/25 full bin bags of rubbish, we had to leave some rubbish due to time constraints but I would estimate about another 5 bags to fill. While we were there, some rep from the council came and my friend gave them a "piece of his mind" about the situation.

k0BXabk.jpg

17 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Got my first proper Tattoo in Rochester when I was 21 . When I told him I wanted it spelling  Mam , he asked me how I wanted Dad spelling  . 😂😂😂

Why all the way to Rochester hackey?

Charlies (Wilkinson St) not good enough for yer 🧐

17 hours ago, hackey lad said:

More germs in a human mouth . 

You live and learn as my Dad used to say.

18 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I always used to say Mum. Mam is fairly common in Yorkshire of course, but even more so in Tyneside. I've seen Mum, and Mam tattooed on fingers but not for years, maybe it was a generational thing? It doesn't annoy me though!

Sorry but the pedant in me has to point out that you said "gotten" in your post which is American , and caused me to almost grind my teeth in annoyance! ;)   I expect I'll get over it.  :D 

2 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I always used to say Mum. Mam is fairly common in Yorkshire of course, but even more so in Tyneside. I've seen Mum, and Mam tattooed on fingers but not for years, maybe it was a generational thing? It doesn't annoy me though!

Sorry but the pedant in me has to point out that you said "gotten" in your post which is American , and caused me to almost grind my teeth in annoyance! ;)   I expect I'll get over it.  :D 

Careful Draggletail .

Price of dentistry and availability now a days 😀

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, cressida said:

I very seldom use that but one of my sons has always called me Mom and I quite like it,  people on here say Mam and they did where I was brought up,  I have never passed comment on that,  both sound cute.

Fair enough! 

16 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Careful Draggletail .

Price of dentistry and availability now a days 😀

Noted! :D :D :D 

I read yesterday that vets are now dearer than dentists. Just thought I'd throw that bit of info into the conversation. Not sure why to be honest. I was surprised but at least it didn't make me grind my teeth.