Sign in to follow this  

Number Radio Stations

Number Radio Stations are used to pass on number coded information to spies working in another country. 

The few well know ones were the ' Cuban Lady' , ' Lincoln Poacher' ' PIP' and the ' Doom' allergy when it stops it means nuclear warheads have been released. On YouTube a channel called ' Manchester Ringway' has noted an increase in number signals properly down to the war in the Ukraine. 

Does anyone listed to them on here most are on shortwave radio I don't have the equipment myself but do have an passing interest in the subject. 

19 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

Number Radio Stations are used to pass on number coded information to spies working in another country. 

The few well know ones were the ' Cuban Lady' , ' Lincoln Poacher' ' PIP' and the ' Doom' allergy when it stops it means nuclear warheads have been released. On YouTube a channel called ' Manchester Ringway' has noted an increase in number signals properly down to the war in the Ukraine. 

Does anyone listed to them on here most are on shortwave radio I don't have the equipment myself but do have an passing interest in the subject. 

Yes, I heard plenty of these back in the 70s or 80s on short wave.

This is perhaps the most famous:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigPP said:

Yes, I heard plenty of these back in the 70s or 80s on short wave.

This is perhaps the most famous:

Would be interesting to know if a non military spy ever figured out the meaning of these numbers I bet some have tried over the years.

You can listen to UVB-76 on youTube 

I haven't heard any for years but I definitely don't monitor SW like I used to because a  lot of things are encoded now.