Meadowhead Model Railway Shop

My son says that he remembers me taking him to a model railway shop that was up some stairs above a shop, somewhere around Meadowhead. I cannot recall it at all, it would be in the 1980's. Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, Bucannear said:

My son says that he remembers me taking him to a model railway shop that was up some stairs above a shop, somewhere around Meadowhead. I cannot recall it at all, it would be in the 1980's. Can anyone help?

Seem to remember a toyshop in the row of shops where Mitchells is.

2 hours ago, Bucannear said:

Hello Bucannear.

Sounds very familiar to the shop with a toy / model shop above it  now Greenhill Pharmacy, top of Bocking lane.

141 Bocking Ln - Google Maps

Not sure if it was still a toy shop in the 80's.

(The toy shop was the room above the archway)

21 hours ago, Bucannear said:

i remember  it well it was above the chemist or shop on bocking lane the railway layout was great and in the corner,tunnels ect ,in those days toy shops were rare no argos ect, okay redgates but that was in town and to us in greenhill that was miles by bus not many cars in the 60s remember ,it was very good railway exhibition and as i say it was upstairs ,its now a chemist still but i think the old toy shop is a flat ,yes great days and in those days what a treat ,happy days

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

i remember  it well it was above the chemist or shop on bocking lane the railway layout was great and in the corner,tunnels ect ,in those days toy shops were rare no argos ect, okay redgates but that was in town and to us in greenhill that was miles by bus not many cars in the 60s remember ,it was very good railway exhibition and as i say it was upstairs ,its now a chemist still but i think the old toy shop is a flat ,yes great days and in those days what a treat ,happy days

It was definitely a shop and not a chemist,  I remember buying a bag of Sugar for my Gran :lol: .

Not sure about the OP 1980's we'd moved out of Bocking Lane by then.

1 hour ago, zaci said:

Excellent piece of research  Zaci :thumbsup:

Ok, so my memory was wrong slightly out :blush: it was a chemist & the grocers shop was next door but correct with the toy shop above the archway & just how I remember it.

I've a funny feeling my Aunty might have worked at Margery Robinsons.

206 Bocking Lane (Margery Robinson) going up to 212 Bocking Lane.

glad i got that right about the chemist ,must still have a memory ha ha , but to young children in the 60s it really was great and it got people into the shop ,but same old train sets sounded a great present ,but in reality unless on a good board or you have space ,a car racing game was better,good days

Thanks everyone, must admit I still can't remember it. My son has a much better memory than me! I'll have to let him know all of your answers.

12 hours ago, Bucannear said:

Thanks everyone, must admit I still can't remember it. My son has a much better memory than me! I'll have to let him know all of your answers.

No probs Bucannear.

Just the sort of problem us on SF enjoy solving.

keep safe 8)