Will I Be Able To Use A Banking App Without A Sim Card In The Phone.

Does anyone know?

Will I be able to use it.

11 minutes ago, Janus said:

Does anyone know?

Will I be able to use it.

In simple terms, no - because you won't have any connection.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Would it need a mobile signal, or would it not work just via WiFi?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I am thinking of the WiFi for that side of things.

Just now, Pyrotequila said:

Would it need a mobile signal, or would it not work just via WiFi?

This is what had in mind, but unsure .

If your phone has no SIM installed, it is a dead brick - it has no way of connecting to Wi-Fi, as it does not have an 'identity'

They work fine as long as it's connected to WiFi. Don't use public WiFi for banking apps. It's not a law, just a 'not wise' thing to do.

I have an iPhone (with no SIM atm) The banking app works OK on the WiFi.

A bit of a side note. It's not best policy/practice to have your banking app on a lot of devices. Mine just advised I remove the old when I switched on to the Android phone.

4 minutes ago, zach said:

They work fine as long as it's connected to WiFi. Don't use public WiFi for banking apps. It's not a law, just a 'not wise' thing to do.

A bit of a side note. It's not best policy/practice to have your banking app on a lot of devices. Mine just advised I remove the old when I switched on to the Android phone.

Thanks for the correction, @zach  - hadn't thought it through, but you are correct.

37 minutes ago, zach said:

Updates for my Adroid device  ended so the banking app nolonger functions, which I accept . We have to accept that updates are only for a finite period. 

I've simply ordered a brand new cheap android phone  that currently runs on android 13. (My bank app currently requires minimum  android eight)

I only want to use it as a 'slave  phone" in the house. I do like the ability to process cheques without leaving home.

1 minute ago, Janus said:

Updates for my Adroid device  ended so the banking app nolonger functions, which I accept . We have to accept that updates are only for a finite period. 

I've simply ordered a brand new cheap android phone  that currently runs on android 13. (My bank app currently requires minimum  android eight)

I only want to use it as a 'slave  phone" in the house. I do like the ability to process cheques without leaving home.

As @zach says above, that should be OK. Sorry for my previous inaccurate reply.

Are you referring to the banking app itself or functions such as Apple Pay or Google Pay etc? The applications won’t work without an internet connection, whether that be via WiFi or cellular, but the payment processes will.