The War Of The World's Utilita Arena Sheffield 8 April 2025

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds is back, coming to Utilita Arena Sheffield on Tuesday 8th April 2025, arriving just in time to celebrate 130 years since the publication of HG WELLS’ dark Victorian tale.

1800%20x%201000.jpg

Conducted by Jeff Wayne and featuring Liam Neeson in 3D holography as The Journalist, who recounts his story of survival from the Martian invasion of 1898.

Tickets go on sale Friday 8th December at 10am for futher info visit https://www.utilitaarenasheffield.co.uk/event/TWOTW-2025 

Cast announcement...

The Wanted’s Max George and ex-Eastender’s Maisie Smith will be playing the married couple Parson Nathaniel & wife Beth, in the iconic Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds ‘The Spirit of Man’ arena tour in 2025.

438330940_858322322974788_11182395385869

For more info & tickets visit https://zurl.co/2htU

The original cast were brilliant,  we saw the 30th anniversary show, and the  supposedly farewell tour at Sheffield Arena.  The changes over the years have not impressed me.

6 hours ago, classicfan said:

The original cast were brilliant,  we saw the 30th anniversary show, and the  supposedly farewell tour at Sheffield Arena.  The changes over the years have not impressed me.

It was very good.

I still prefer headphones, closed eyes, and build a mental picture of the story, while listening to the original album. Never gets old! (IMO)

I'm sure some will enjoy this version. Not for me though.

13 hours ago, zach said:

It was very good.

I still prefer headphones, closed eyes, and build a mental picture of the story, while listening to the original album. Never gets old! (IMO)

I'm sure some will enjoy this version. Not for me though.

Agreed,  I have it on vinyl and three different versions on CD.