Using mobiles while driving

I was on the Stocksbridge by-pass this morning followed by someone in a silver Yaris. I noticed they were on the phone chatting away, their driving hand alternately gesticulating and preening their blonde hair - so there were many times when the driver had no hands on the wheel despite traffic moving at 40+ miles an hour. The conversation lasted all the way down onto the A61 to the Meadowhall turn-off on the M1.

I was amazed that someone could be so blase about the whole thing and other than giving her the odd rearward scowl, I didn't know what else to do. Am I getting uptight for no good reason? Is this what happens at the onset of middle age?

Thats multi-tasking I think

Ugh, some people are so moronic.

Daft bitch deserves to have a crash if all she cares about is preening her hair and chatting on her phone?! FFS ever heard of hands-free? Bluetooth headset?! :loopy:

Especially in Stocksbridge, that bypass is lethal for safe drivers, so imagine what it would be like for the likes of her?! :loopy::rant:

Especially in Stocksbridge, that bypass is lethal for safe drivers, :loopy::rant:

Fool. Ludicrous statement, of course its not!!!

You're not on your own Bloomdido, it really annoys me too... not alot you can do really though!

I think it's even worse when I see drivers of expensive cars - BMW's, Merc's, etc doing it, they should be even more likely to be able to afford handsfree kits... :loopy:

she was hands free by the sounds of it :D

Theres nothing we can do about it anyway, so it's best not to get uptight about it.

At the moment every evening on the way home I go along the parkway from handsworth. There are large 30 signs for the roadworks, yet nearly every car passes me. Some are actually going faster than even the regular limit of 50 for that section. I just relax though, knowing that i'll catch them at park square roundabout and they'll be about 1 car ahead.

If you can afford the car and the phone, you can afford the hands free kit

I saw a bloke in an articulated lorry do a 3 point turn in the middle of the road the other day - whilst on the phone :loopy:

Last I heard it was illegal not to use hands free / bluetooth etc.

Moronic muppets - then they eventually have an accident they will be bleating "it wasnt my fault"

I saw a bloke in an articulated lorry do a 3 point turn in the middle of the road the other day - whilst on the phone :loopy:

Last I heard it was illegal not to use hands free / bluetooth etc.

Moronic muppets - then they eventually have an accident they will be bleating "it wasnt my fault"

Unfortunately these prats aren't the ones who have the accidents. It usually ends up being the safe drivers trying to avoid these morons who have accidents.

Makes me ill.

she was hands free by the sounds of it :DQUOTE]

No she wasn't. Right hand holding the phone clamped to her ear. Left hand doing everything else - some of which involved steering.

driving hand alternately gesticulating and preening their blonde hair - so there were many times when the driver had no hands on the wheel

It was a joke.... but never mind.