Ecclesall Road Development

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

That's not how planning works.  People make applications which are then considered and decided upon.

That's what's happening right now as it states in the article.

Given you are belly aching so much about it and have such intricate knowledge of the property markets, im sure you'll be raising your objections against the application.

Indeed I will.

17 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

As I said, most people in the Ecclesall area want a house.  It is not good having 17x apartments sat empty. The council should have considered the effect on the character of the area, increased traffic and strain on the sewage system before accepting this application.

Correction- You THINK that most people on the Ecclesall area want a house. I think (and obviously these developers do too) that the demographic of people in that area on eccy road are young, sociable people who would like to rent for a few years with their mates/partner, be close to town where they can work, go out and party before settling down in a few years further out of town in the aforementioned 'nice houses' you so desperately want on that site.

Definitely the correct decision to build flats on a empty site in a prime position in a very busy area. Good luck to them. 

• Like 6

Some of the worst customer service I have received was in Graze Inn, really rude and disinterested server, just after they opened as well. Goes to show the wrong attitude puts customers off.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Some of the worst customer service I have received was in Graze Inn, really rude and disinterested server, just after they opened as well. Goes to show the wrong attitude puts customers off.

Never encountered that in there. Food was generally OK, nothing extraordinary, but a nice space to spend time.

They managed 10 years of trading despite your problems early on.

1 minute ago, Bargepole23 said:

Never encountered that in there. Food was generally OK, nothing extraordinary, but a nice space to spend time.

They managed 10 years of trading despite your problems early on.

It was a young man, around 19 at the time. I guess he'd be 29 now! Scary how time flies. They have never been particularly busy, especially for a bar that size. Competition is high on Ecclesall Road and a hostile reception will put you at a disadvantage. It is easy to tell which businesses screen their staff for customer service skills and which ones don't.

53 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It was a young man, around 19 at the time. I guess he'd be 29 now! Scary how time flies. They have never been particularly busy, especially for a bar that size. Competition is high on Ecclesall Road and a hostile reception will put you at a disadvantage. It is easy to tell which businesses screen their staff for customer service skills and which ones don't.

About your age then love.  

I bet you were an absolute prime example of exemplary customer service in your late teenage years weren't you?  I bet while you were wheeling that trolley of delights up and down the train carriages you'd never had a single off day. Always on point. Perfect textbook..... right? 

Do not think that maybe, just maybe the trend in slow down of trade on Eccy Road area generally, pattern of several other units becoming vacant and of course two plus years of covid disruption and downturn in the economy might also have some contribution to its closure not just your bad service experience 10 years ago....

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Always on point. Perfect textbook..... right? 

Correct. 

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=S42KRXNYHCR00&activeTab=summary

Planning application in to convert the unused retail space on ground floor of Ecclesall Junction, which is between Waitrose and bottom end of Ecclesall Road, where a car dealer used to be, into residential units.

Won't somebody think of the Victorian sewers....

• Like 2