The Yom Kippur War .

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

From google 

Several reports suggest US-built weapons are being used by Hamas that are supplied from Afghanistan by the Taliban. In 2021, the US ended its operations in Afghanistan and left a stockpile of weapons that were taken by the Taliban after it took control of the country.1 day ago

I also heard that corrupt maggot Zelensky sold a lot of American arms on the black market.

If true then its not unreasonable to assume some made their way into the hands of hamas. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-us-made-weapons-found-with-terrorists-kashmir-afjanistan-taliban-2446590-2023-10-10

You heard ??? 

If true ???

This all sounds a bit floppy and loose.  Until it's proven,  it's bar room gossip.

Easier to concentrate on what we know rather than what some invisible man says may have happened.

Every country gets their weapons from somewhere but it's who they kill with them that's important.

Just an excuse to pull Ukraine into this middle east war.  I would be surprised if Zelensky has enough weapons for his own use,  let alone to start a gun supermarket

Edited by Organgrinder

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You heard ??? 

Snipped 

That's right.

The government should put an advert on TV saying that if anyone want to go fight for Hamas we'll give you a free airplane ticket and a packed lunch

We could empty our jail's by giving them all a free ticket to Gaza. 

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Snipped 

If true ???

Snipped 

I think that's important,  don't you?

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

Give it a few days and there will be increasing pressure on Israel to relent on some of the actions currently being taken.

The merry go round continues with no permanent solution in sight,

It’s a tragic and horrific situation all round for both Palestinians and Israeli citizens.

All wars include incidents of unbelievable cruelty well outside any conventions because all populations contain fanatics who get the opportunity to run riot.

Yeah I agree. The situation is also perpetuated by Iran and the USA. On one side you have the US and its allies Saudi Arabia and Israel, and on the other you have Iran and their allies Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas. As we've seen in Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Iran are locked in a proxy war which is all about geopolitical control in the middle east, the main victims of which are ordinary Yemenis, including thousands of children who have been killed, many by missiles and planes made in the UK and sold to Saudi Arabia - the "acceptable" face of killing children.

And in the current conflict we have another US ally and another Iranian proxy fighting it out, the main victims of which so far have been Israeli civilians and next up are Palestinian civilians. 

To me, the two things most likely to bring peace to the region are the overthrow of the Islamic regime in Iran, and the US cutting back its military support to Israel to the point where outright military victory against Palestinians isn't possible so that they are forced to negotiate a peace. I am hopeful for the former, I feel like one day it will happen. I'm less optimistic for the latter.

Edited by Delbow

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think that's important,  don't you?

Probably,  but only if it's true.

Where it's made doesn't matter much to the poor soul who gets killed by it.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Snipped 

Where it's made doesn't matter much to the poor soul who gets killed by it.

You'll get no argument from me there.

27 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Why does it make a difference who supplied the weapons ?   Every warring nation gets their weapons from somebody.  Hamas are usually armed by Iran. 

Mafya asked  no one else ,   read the posts before jumping the gun ,,!!!!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, mafya said:

Do you think no babies are being killed in Gaza right now?

I don’t support Hamas but I do support the right of Palestinians to be free of occupation.

Innocent people are being killed on both sides so rather then pointing the finger of blame those in charge should force a peace solution to sort out this decades long conflict once and for all instead of supplying one side with advanced weapons…

I really feel for the civilians in all this on both sides, how does the saying go..." The first casualty of war is the truth" 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The government should put an advert on TV saying that if anyone want to go fight for Hamas we'll give you a free airplane ticket and a packed lunch

We could empty our jail's by giving them all a free ticket to Gaza. 

We're talking about the middle east Jack rather than emptying our jails.

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Mafya asked  no one else ,   read the posts before jumping the gun ,,!!!!!!!!!

Don't know what you're talking about.  I was not replying to Mafya.

Edited by Organgrinder

It will be interesting to see how bothered western governments are about what's going on in the middle east once the oil's run out or we don't need it anymore because we've transitioned to renewables, eh. My guess is "not very".

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

It will be interesting to see how bothered western governments are about what's going on in the middle east once the oil's run out or we don't need it anymore because we've transitioned to renewables, eh. My guess is "not very".

I'm sure you are right.   There's usually a motive to the madness.