Last Bus From Sheffield

1 hour ago, bazza63 said:

I used to catch the last bus from Campo Lane number 18 to Worrall thought it was 11 oclock, my girl friend caught her bus from Bridge St so I had to take her down there then run along to West Bar to catch the Worrall Bus Happy times.

And watching them turn out of the pub across the road whilst waiting for the bus to leave.

Ater having a brilliant night at the City  Hall sat night late 50s early 60s I had to take my girlfriend to bridge st to catch her bus, then run to West Bar to catch Worrall Bus from Campo Lane, thought it was 11"oclock last bus.

Saturday night dances at the City Hall and Cutlers Hall in the 1960s, happy days.

Later Club 60 on Saturday and Locarno on a Sunday night.

City  Hall sat night was amazing  like many people I met my wife there,  many happy memories.

The last bus out of Pond Street to Woodseats in the early 60s didn't take the usual route home, but more of a convoluted journey incorporating bits of several other bus routes on the way,   doubling the journey time home,  not great when you we're busting for the loo.

Used to get the 97 which left High Street at 23.15 it was nicknamed the " Goodnight bus " because all you could hear at every stop on route was Goodnight, goodnight..

I seem to remember a bus about 3am think it was the 720 which went over Shirecliffe and up to Southey Green