Daily Mail

On 18/03/2023 at 09:26, pattricia said:

I’ve read the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday for years and will continue to do so ! 

You surprise me. Hateful journalism. Wouldn't have associated you with that kind of thing.

Here's a nugget of information that is just beautiful.

The Daily Mail, whose headlines scream blue murder when the Human Rights Act is topical, have through their parent company invoked Human Rights Act to stop naming of journalists.

Daily Mail parent company invokes Human Rights Act to stop naming of journalists | UK news | The Guardian

I wonder if their headlines tomorrow will be akin to middle England having a collective nervous breakdown? Or will it not even mentioned as it's rather embarrassing for them?

What was it that Littlejohn used to say on those very pages:

"You couldn't make it up". 

Well he frequently did.

Edited by Mister M

I read the Daily Mail now and again to see what untruths it has come up with today.

It's important to know where people are getting their information, to be able to counter it. 

Trouble is your average Daily Mail reader thinks it is a serious newspaper that speaks the truth. I admit it is well written and has interesting and varied articles. But it's right wing bias, both linguistic, subtle and blatant, is obvious on every page. 

That's why it is dangerous. It has the biggest readership in the UK all taking it very seriously. And therefore it has enormous influence. 

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I read the Daily Mail now and again to see what untruths it has come up with today.

It's important to know where people are getting their information, to be able to counter it. 

Trouble is your average Daily Mail reader thinks it is a serious newspaper that speaks the truth. I admit it is well written and has interesting and varied articles. But it's right wing bias, both linguistic, subtle and blatant, is obvious on every page. 

That's why it is dangerous. It has the biggest readership in the UK all taking it very seriously. And therefore it has enormous influence. 

How do you feel about the Guardian's left-wing bias? I mean, they have Owen Jones reporting for them, so that says it all, really.

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

How do you feel about the Guardian's left-wing bias? I mean, they have Owen Jones reporting for them, so that says it all, really.

Similarly I read the Guardian occasionally, and find very little I can argue with as it is not only factually accurate but also chimes with more of my own views, (and I actually rather like Owen Jones, especially on TV. ) 

I have to say though that it's not half as good a read as the Daily Mail, far too po- faced for its own good. What's the point of reading a paper that's boring and doesn't stimulate you into a frenzied debate?

Edited by Anna B

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Similarly I read the Guardian occasionally, and find very little I can argue with as it is not only factually accurate but also chimes with more of my own views, (and I actually rather like Owen Jones, especially on TV. ) 

I have to say though that it's not half as good a read as the Daily Mail, far too po- faced for its own good. What's the point of reading a paper that's boring and doesn't stimulate you into a frenzied debate?

Fair enough

Although you do lose points for liming OJ!

Maybe i'll give it another go to see if i find it any more factually accurate than any other paper.