17 hours ago, Kidorry said:

It is no surprise that so many of us oldies smoked because you saw it in films and it was advertised everywhere you went. I smoked  up to 1998, about 30 a day, but that was not the cause of my lung cancer.

It was actually advertised as being good for you 

1 hour ago, Lee0110 said:

How are you now? 

I am great as far as the cancer goes' it is the other old age things that are the problem, But I am here and I am mobile and can still enjoy a joke.

• Like 1

Well it was zapping day eight to day and what a couple of days its been weather wise , I set off two hours early for my 11 am appointment due to around 6 or 7 inch of snow on Penistone Road north , I should not have bothered as my 18 year old Freelander skipped through the snow storm like a spring kitten while all around other newer and more shiny vehicles were left abandoned and swore at. 

Any way when I arrived at Western Park I more or less had the car park to my self , in fact it was the first time I had been able to park at the hospital its self  , So good old Betsy you did me proud today and yesterday .

The Zapping ward was almost empty when I  Arrived so the radiographer told me to start drinking my three cups of water straight away and forty five minutes later I was on the space machine , no wind or poo blocked the rays so in just 10 mins Was getting dressed  and on  the way home .

The effects of the treatment are now becoming more obvious . The toilet visits more frequent I counted six times last night for instance so tiredness is a bit of a problem as well as the no two end of things that has become a little loose to say the least , although I am still having to take suppositories to make sure that that end of things is as empty as possible for when the zapping starts , I take wind tablets to get rid of gasses as they can interrupt the proceeding so its a case of letting those farts go and not bothering who is in the firing line , 

Should have had a revue today but left it till next week as the ward is short of staff due to weather, My team had all got in to work some of em had walked for miles . none of that looking out of the window and making a bit of snow a excuse for a day off for them their dedication is unbelievable , A big thank you from me and all others who end up in their Wonderfull care .

So  in summarising  for this week , I feel a little crap (in more ways than one) but when I look around that place I realise my old sodin prostate is just a drop in the ocean at the side of many who attend Western Park/

Get tested lads and lasses , insist on it ,   a finger up the bum or a breast squeeze can save your life .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Well it was zapping day eight to day and what a couple of days its been weather wise , I set off two hours early for my 11 am appointment due to around 6 or 7 inch of snow on Penistone Road north , I should not have bothered as my 18 year old Freelander skipped through the snow storm like a spring kitten while all around other newer and more shiny vehicles were left abandoned and swore at. 

Any way when I arrived at Western Park I more or less had the car park to my self , in fact it was the first time I had been able to park at the hospital its self  , So good old Betsy you did me proud today and yesterday .

The Zapping ward was almost empty when I  Arrived so the radiographer told me to start drinking my three cups of water straight away and forty five minutes later I was on the space machine , no wind or poo blocked the rays so in just 10 mins Was getting dressed  and on  the way home .

The effects of the treatment are now becoming more obvious . The toilet visits more frequent I counted six times last night for instance so tiredness is a bit of a problem as well as the no two end of things that has become a little loose to say the least , although I am still having to take suppositories to make sure that that end of things is as empty as possible for when the zapping starts , I take wind tablets to get rid of gasses as they can interrupt the proceeding so its a case of letting those farts go and not bothering who is in the firing line , 

Should have had a revue today but left it till next week as the ward is short of staff due to weather, My team had all got in to work some of em had walked for miles . none of that looking out of the window and making a bit of snow a excuse for a day off for them their dedication is unbelievable , A big thank you from me and all others who end up in their Wonderfull care .

So  in summarising  for this week , I feel a little crap (in more ways than one) but when I look around that place I realise my old sodin prostate is just a drop in the ocean at the side of many who attend Western Park/

Get tested lads and lasses , insist on it ,   a finger up the bum or a breast squeeze can save your life .

That doing fine Cuttsie, keep it up pal.

• Like 1

Keep going Cuttsie the problems now will be worth it in the end.

23 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

23 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Hope so Kidorry ,who knows where the road may lead us .

Cuttsie. Glad to hear that the radiotherapy is going fine.

My partner had anal cancer. The therapy caused some soreness around the groin area.

Don't worry if you get some soreness. It will heal. 

May your guardian angel watch over you.

• Like 1

Well its been a funny old week ,  Travel to Western Park has been a bit of a problem in early week followed by  body changes  due to the Zapping , These changes have inc bad diarroea that have meant many visits to toilet , Added to this I have had blood discharge from the rectum causing concern , The radiologist advised me to stop taking the suppository treatment due this , The peeing situation has got much worse  some times only minutes between toilet visits , The bog has been my citadel this week .

Night time is the worse time , the urge to pee gets more frequent  being the problem  , when you actually get there now't happens just a burning sensation in the old Pecker ,

I have had a revue today seen my x ray pictures got a good look at the soddin prostate ,  The Dr told me that the  radiologist has been having trouble getting spot on due to my wind retention so to keep taking the Windeezi tablets well before treatment .

So what with one thing and another its been a trying week , but a week less towards the last 7 sessions to come .

Is it worth it at my age has gone through my mind but those wonderful people at Western Park soon put you right on that one , 

Any way as said I started this thread so as to give and receive info ,not for sympathy or any thing like that, 

Its grim reading about arses , bladders , penises , bood, ****e and pissss .

I hope it helps others who may be entering the treatment .

Get tested lads and lasses (As many lasses are on the same treatment as us men on the ward ) You knowit makes sense .

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Well its been a funny old week ,  Travel to Western Park has been a bit of a problem in early week followed by  body changes  due to the Zapping , These changes have inc bad diarroea that have meant many visits to toilet , Added to this I have had blood discharge from the rectum causing concern , The radiologist advised me to stop taking the suppository treatment due this , The peeing situation has got much worse  some times only minutes between toilet visits , The bog has been my citadel this week .

Night time is the worse time , the urge to pee gets more frequent  being the problem  , when you actually get there now't happens just a burning sensation in the old Pecker ,

I have had a revue today seen my x ray pictures got a good look at the soddin prostate ,  The Dr told me that the  radiologist has been having trouble getting spot on due to my wind retention so to keep taking the Windeezi tablets well before treatment .

So what with one thing and another its been a trying week , but a week less towards the last 7 sessions to come .

Is it worth it at my age has gone through my mind but those wonderful people at Western Park soon put you right on that one , 

Any way as said I started this thread so as to give and receive info ,not for sympathy or any thing like that, 

Its grim reading about arses , bladders , penises , bood, ****e and pissss .

I hope it helps others who may be entering the treatment .

Get tested lads and lasses (As many lasses are on the same treatment as us men on the ward ) You knowit makes sense .

It's not easy Cuttsie is it?  But keep calm and carry on.  

You are getting the best treatment available, and all the support of the cancer nurses and doctors who know what they're doing. There's also lots of support regarding travel arrangements should you need it, treats and counselling etc. Volunteers abound at Weston Park. All this is just as important as the treatment itself to keep your spirits up, so avail yourself of it if you need it. That's what they're there for. 

And don't forget there are an awful lot of people here on the outside who are rooting for you too, myself included, so stay positive. We are thinking of you and wishing you well.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

It's not easy Cuttsie is it?  But keep calm and carry on.  

You are getting the best treatment available, and all the support of the cancer nurses and doctors who know what they're doing. There's also lots of support regarding travel arrangements should you need it, treats and counselling etc. Volunteers abound at Weston Park. All this is just as important as the treatment itself to keep your spirits up, so avail yourself of it if you need it. That's what they're there for. 

And don't forget there are an awful lot of people here on the outside who are rooting for you too, myself included, so stay positive. We are thinking of you and wishing you well.   

Thanks Anna . Its not just about me I have met so many in the same boat in the last few weeks and many are a lot worse off than me . 

As I have said the thread is all about giving and receiving info .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Thanks Anna . Its not just about me I have met so many in the same boat in the last few weeks and many are a lot worse off than me . 

As I have said the thread is all about giving and receiving info .

Yes, and I think you're doing a grand job Cuttsie. 

Cancer is a scary mystery to a lot of people, so I'm sure your willingness to share your experience will be helping people to talk about it.   

• Like 1

It is good of everyone on here to share their experiences of cancer because a lot of people go to pieces as soon as they hear they have it, understandable, but if they read other peoples trials and tribulations I think it may ease their mind a little. It is natural to be worried but it is also essential to be positive.  

• Like 1