2 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

It runs from the Interchange, so either before or after it pulls in to the Interchange, it can run to Cross Turner Street and turn around in the drop off point . It would not be too difficult and might actually attract customers (it has always been empty when it's passed me).

It runs from B3 in the interchange - doesn't go anywhere near Cross Turner Street - have a look at the route map.

I see your 'amendment' - have you walked/driven it to see if it is feasible?

2 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Yes, I used to work from the railway station. 

So, you walked/drove from the Interchange to the Station via that route - a little torturous, I would have thought?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

I have walked, yes. The Interchange is not accessible to private vehicles, such as cars.

Via that route, though? I sincerely doubt it. And I am well aware that the Interchange is 'authorised vehicles only'.

20 hours ago, RollingJ said:

So, you walked/drove from the Interchange to the Station via that route - a little torturous, I would have thought?

tortuous, I would have thought.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

tortuous, I would have thought.

I'll take your word for it, but the spell-checker didn't object to my spelling. 🙂

On 17/08/2022 at 17:31, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Hah! The City Clipper used articulated buses much longer than those lengths.

22 hours ago, RollingJ said:

It did - although I don't think it went down Surrey Street, and even if it did, our wonderful council have considerably widened the footpath area (and thus narrowed the road),  since then.

Nevertheless, articulated buses (MAN and DAB/Leyland) managed the City Centre's twists and turns back then without any mishaps; and perhaps they could do so now too. Minibuses aren't adequate

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Nevertheless, articulated buses (MAN and DAB/Leyland) managed the City Centre's twists and turns back then without any mishaps; and perhaps they could do so now too. Minibuses aren't adequate

@Jeffrey ShawI don't wish to argue with you, but when the buses ran via High Street/Pinstone Street, those roads were nowhere as narrow as they are now, with various junction changes, and IIRC the City Clipper - considerably longer than a normal bus - ran where junctions were large enough to accommodate its extra length.

I don't know if you've attempted to (illegally) drive the 'Sheffield Connect' route, but I think you will find a 10M vehicle will have considerable difficulty. I haven't been on it yet due to other commitments, but just from looking at its route on the map, there is at least the Pinstone street/Surrey Street junction which needs remodelling to accommodate anything longer than a minibus. Further comment will follow when I have chance to experience the route.

As an aside, from anecdotal, therefore not necessarily true, comments, no-one is using it, so maybe they could down-grade it to a taxi?

I am in town most days for work and have seen the new bus about half a dozen times now and not once have I see anyone on it at all. Says it all really! 

1 minute ago, Rivelin6 said:

I am in town most days for work and have seen the new bus about half a dozen times now and not once have I see anyone on it at all. Says it all really! 

Thanks, @Rivelin6. As I've said earlier this is a typical Jarvis/Coppard/Fox vanity project with zero value.

For once, @LovePotion, I have to agree with you. :wink: IMHO, it doesn't even justify a black cab.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Thanks, @Rivelin6. As I've said earlier this is a typical Jarvis/Coppard/Fox vanity project with zero value.

Its an odd one really. People moaned like buggery on here when the old one went.