New Costco Opening in Sheffield 29/06/06

Originally posted by dwhl

(a bit like Makro but better in value and quality IMO)

IMO??:confused:

Originally posted by Avalon

IMO??:confused:

In my opinion ....

do any of you mind being quoted in a journalistic piece I am writing on the development of the Costco store? All I need if you are willing to help is your name, area you live in, and opinion. I would be massively grateful for your help.

Thanks

sam

x

Hi Sam, thanks for the tip on the opening of Costco. When is it due to open then? This year or next and where exactly will it be? Presumably near Makro, is that what you mean by the industrial area??

What is the piece that you are writing about and what would it entail?

It's a piece to be used as coursework for my degree. I attended the council meeting in order to find local news and new developments. All I'll ask you to do is give me your full name, the area you live in, and your opinion on the whole development. It's likely to be next year before it opens and it's set to be built on Parkway Drive.

sam

x

I know quite a few people who shop at the Costco in Leeds. They have a list of 'professions' for ordinary membership. They include: nurses, Police, Civil Servants, etc. They have a list up in the Leeds store and also on the application form. I'll see if I can get hold of more details.

They have 'huge' shopping trolleys and the first time you go, you think 'God, i'll never fill this' then as you go around and your trolley fills up you think 'err, praps I need another trolley'

The deals on car tyres are brilliant, you'll save the price of your annual fee and more on the tyres alone.

The meat products are far superior to any supermarket i've been to. They are in large pack so ideal for large families or people, like me, with a big freezer! Some of the other stuff though you have to check carefully the price with VAT but overall it's really good value because the quality is good.

Originally posted by Cols

Unlike Makro, you don't have to be in business to register but you do have to pay a yearly fee - something like £25 for a card.

You don't really have to be in business to register up at Makro. All you need is a letterheaded letter from your employer and some personal I.D. Take it to customer reception and they will produce your card for you while you are in store.

Originally posted by britmom

Costco and Sams club (Walmart owned) and BJ's are the top wholesale clubs here in the USA. I couldn't shop without them.They all offer great deals on food in bulk,cleaning products,paper products etc.Jewellery and electronics are always a big seller too especially around the holidays.Membership is an annual fee for silver or gold members( with gold members getting cash back for their purchases) But as it was mentioned you don't have to be retail to join:)

I love Sam's Club! I get most of my leisure clothes from there. I didn't know it was owned by Wallmart.

Originally posted by Monroe

I know quite a few people who shop at the Costco in Leeds. They have a list of 'professions' for ordinary membership. They include: nurses, Police, Civil Servants, etc. They have a list up in the Leeds store and also on the application form. I'll see if I can get hold of more details.

Teachers, too. Our school has a scheme where two teachers share the £25 fee.

Costco also send out discount coupon books every few months with some really good savings.

The little cafés in the stores are brilliant - foot long hot dogs or huge slices of pizza for 99p, and unlimited refils on fizzy drinks!

no one has mentioned the 150 or so jobs that will be created and that costco pay top money 6.00 to start rising to 8.50 +bonuses.I work for them and it is a top company.I am coming to Sheffield to help them open the store in April so i hope you has a good nightlife.

Originally posted by neil80

no one has mentioned the 150 or so jobs that will be created and that costco pay top money 6.00 to start rising to 8.50 +bonuses.I work for them and it is a top company.I am coming to Sheffield to help them open the store in April so i hope you has a good nightlife.

Hopefully they will poach some of the staff from Makro!! I can't wait, he he!