Modern Life Is Rubbish

Just now, Chekhov said:

Why don't you just be honest ?

Your exact quote was :

"You will still have to wait."

Now, you are implying I am being selfish as there is only one of me and I am only bothered about myself.

However, there were (and usually are) about 20 swimmers all having to wait for their measly 30 minutes in the pool whilst the pool is occupied by about 3 swimmers having a lesson.

But if you'd have actually quoted the correct situation it makes you look selfish, not me, and that is why you are unwilling to clarify exactly what you did mean.

Next time, quote me properly. 

Them maybe I’ll engage with you.

If it was the first time, I’d have let it pass, but it isn’t.

Just now, Prettytom said:

Next time, quote me properly. 

Them maybe I’ll engage with you.

If it was the first time, I’d have let it pass, but it isn’t.

Unsurprisingly I note you still haven't clarified what you did mean (if my interpretation was incorrect).

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I am simply pointing out that if kids really are at risk of assault from the actual swimming teachers (though Peter Adamson was actually found  not guilty anyway) then surely we'd want as many people in the pool as possible ?

Or did I get the wrong end of the stick with your picture of Adamson ? If so what did you mean ?

The picture was in response to Prettytom's

'The picture aimed at Allowing adults access to kid’s swimming lessons is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what sort of weirdos would be attracted to a pool in those circumstances'.

Of course he was found not guilty (despite)

Following complaints of previous incidents, the assaults had been witnessed by two police officers watching through a porthole, which gave an underwater view of the pool.

In cross-examining the officers and the girls, the defence barrister George Carman QC who had a prominent career defending celebrities that included Lord Greville Janner MP and Jimmy Savile destroyed the case. Adamson walked free.

As innocent as the driven slush.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

'The picture aimed at Allowing adults access to kid’s swimming lessons is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what sort of weirdos would be attracted to a pool in those circumstances'.

Why would Paedos want to swim in the same pool as kids having swimming lessons (and separated from them by a rope) more then they would want to swim in the same pool as kids ?
It makes no sense. It is the kind of idea that seems rational, till one actually dissects it.

But, as I have stated before, sooner or later kids will not be able to swim in the same pool as adults unless they can prove they are a parent, it will happen, sooner or later..... The world is literally going paranoid / mad.

20 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Why would Paedos want to swim in the same pool as kids having swimming lessons (and separated from them by a rope) more then they would want to swim in the same pool as kids ?
It makes no sense. It is the kind of idea that seems rational, till one actually dissects it.

But, as I have stated before, sooner or later kids will not be able to swim in the same pool as adults unless they can prove they are a parent, it will happen, sooner or later..... The world is literally going paranoid / mad.

Again selective quoting. Bold was Prettytom's post not mine as you well know.

I'd re -read your own dribble.

(Why would Paedos want to swim in the same pool as kids having swimming lessons (and separated from them by a rope) more then they would want to swim in the same pool as kids ?
It makes no sense. It is the kind of idea that seems rational, till one actually dissects it
).

Dissect away, what possible reasons could there be :huh:.

I do like your idea of separating paedo's  with a rope :thumbsup: 

save on prison time 🧐

45 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

20 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Again selective quoting. Bold was Prettytom's post not mine as you well know.

This is too complicated for me, I thought you were using the fact an ex Corn St actor had been accused of child abuse in a pool was a reason why adults should not be able to swim in the same pool as people having swimming lessons.

I answered you with this (which is not dribble BTW, it's indisputable) :

Why would Paedos want to swim in the same pool as kids having swimming lessons (and separated from them by a rope) more then they would want to swim in the same pool as kids ?
It makes no sense. It is the kind of idea that seems rational, till one actually dissects it.

Your argument is inconsistent unless you want to expand it to include banning all adults swimming in the same pool as kids (which will, I am sure, happen sooner or later). Essentially I am pointing out that, as regards the possibility that a child might be assaulted, it makes no difference if they're having swimming lessons or not. If anything they are much LESS likely to be assaulted by someone (who just happens to be in the same pool as they are) whilst they are having a swimming lesson.

Edited by Chekhov

This thread is getting ridiculous 

How did the paedophile business creep in to a complaint that kids swimming lessons were over running.

There are rules about kids of 8 and under being accompanied by adults.

There will be attendants there plus other unrelated adults with there own children as well.

Whats the problem other than the management should make sure that the session times are adhered to.

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

This is too complicated for me, I thought you were using the fact an ex Corn St actor had been accused of child abuse in a pool was a reason why adults should not be able to swim in the same pool as people having swimming lessons.

I answered you with this (which is not dribble BTW, it's indisputable) :

Why would Paedos want to swim in the same pool as kids having swimming lessons (and separated from them by a rope) more then they would want to swim in the same pool as kids ?
It makes no sense. It is the kind of idea that seems rational, till one actually dissects it.

Your argument is inconsistent unless you want to expand it to include banning all adults swimming in the same pool as kids (which will, I am sure, happen sooner or later). Essentially I am pointing out that, as regards the possibility that a child might be assaulted, it makes no difference if they're having swimming lessons or not. If anything they are much LESS likely to be assaulted by someone (who just happens to be in the same pool as they are) whilst they are having a swimming lesson.

My argument is inconsistent because it's not my argument.

Keep 🎣 someone might bite 8)