Quran and Modern Science - Conflict or Conciliation?

Its no secret that religion and science dont coincide right?

Recently i have been doing research into what the Bible and Qu'ran preach.

I came along this video which basically says the Qu'ran DOES NOT conflict with ESTABLISHED modern science. So i thought id post up the videos and hopefully get experienced forumers opinions on the matter.

Quran and Modern Science - Conflict or Conciliation Part 1

Quran and Modern Science - Conflict or Conciliation Part 2

Well if you've seen the video im very greatful, what do you think of them?

If this isnt the word of God, how has it predicted so much things? If you dont think its the word of God, how do you think the Qu'ran was written?

Please stay on topic of religion and science, rather than a debate between sharia law and this countries laws.

I look forward to your posts thanks in advanced.

For those of us who haven't the time/bandwidth to watch them, what has it predicted, i.e. examples of what it predicted and the actual related event.

You could say the same of Nostradamus but when people want to they can read so much into anything.

For those of us who haven't the time/bandwidth to watch them, what has it predicted, i.e. examples of what it predicted and the actual related event.

You could say the same of Nostradamus but when people want to they can read so much into anything.

Its not so much that its predicted things, its that the Qu'ran pointed out 1400years ago things that we have only come to know now due to the advancments of modern science.

The topics vary from the big bang to the early stages of human development.

This may be off topic but if a muslim is in orbit in the space station and he has to face the east to pray, what would he have to do?

i personally dont know, neither care. im just trying to build up my knowledge on the holy books of each religion. (hopefully after ive gathered enough info, i could choose a religion to follow).

but i guess as long as you pray it doesnt matter which way you would face if in doubt.

This may be off topic but if a muslim is in orbit in the space station and he has to face the east to pray, what would he have to do?

If you are ill and cannot stand you are allowed to pray sitting or even laying down (it's not all about going through the motions). Hope this helps in answering the question.

sorry but i just wanted to ask is anyone going to watch these videos?

(hope you dont think im bumping on purpose, as that would be stupid as i have just posted the thread, and everyone can still clearly see it at the top of the list of threads).

i can't be bothered to sit and watch the vids but from what i understand of the quran it doesn't so much predict as merely sketch out rough concepts that have turned out to have a solid scientific basis.

that doesn't necessarily make it the word of god any more than da vinci's notebooks or newtons mathematica principea. all it means is that the person who wrote it had a few good ideas about the world and he roughly tried to write them down. doesn't make it divine

i can't be bothered to sit and watch the vids but from what i understand of the quran it doesn't so much predict as merely sketch out rough concepts that have turned out to have a solid scientific basis.

that doesn't necessarily make it the word of god any more than da vinci's notebooks or newtons mathematica principea. all it means is that the person who wrote it had a few good ideas about the world and he roughly tried to write them down. doesn't make it divine

My opinion was almost exactly the same before i saw the video, now i am not sure. which is the primary reason i have posted the videos i want to see what other people think.