Andy's Man Club

I was passed on details for Andy's man by my doctor about 7 or 8 months ago.

Time though, it's not on my side.  It seems like I never have enough of it to do something like this.

The issues I have are still valid, still not gone away, I've not been to the doctor since so nothing has been pushed. 

I know I could probably google this and find out, but I figured, hell let's get the info on this thread since I've just seen it and still have not took the time to find out.

So how does this work, what happens? what times are open etc?  I live in Hillsborough but many won't for instance.

49 minutes ago, Phantom T said:

I was passed on details for Andy's man by my doctor about 7 or 8 months ago.

Time though, it's not on my side.  It seems like I never have enough of it to do something like this.

The issues I have are still valid, still not gone away, I've not been to the doctor since so nothing has been pushed. 

I know I could probably google this and find out, but I figured, hell let's get the info on this thread since I've just seen it and still have not took the time to find out.

So how does this work, what happens? what times are open etc?  I live in Hillsborough but many won't for instance.

No matter which club you go to

mondays 7-9 except bank holidays 

No need to book, walking through the door is the hardest thing you will do

itsgoodtotalk

Edited by sheffbag

It's on tomorrow (Monday) at 7pm. Nearest one is:

The Pavilion, Gathering Ground, Hillsborough S6 4HD

When it starts the volunteers will explain how it works. It's pretty simple really -- it's a chance to talk about things. There will be a few questions but there's no pressure to say anything.

• 5 months later...

I have been going to AMC for about 18 months now. I became a Facilitator about a year ago, which just means i help to run the evening.

I was at the Beighton group up until recently when the Chesterfield club opened at the football ground. I help out there now.

Like others have said, hardest part is walking through the door. People from all walks of life attend and are all treated the same.

Anyone still not sure, feel free to PM me if u want any more info 👌

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you want to hear what AMC is about then check out Rother Radio on Sunday around 11:25 to hear an interview with one of the facilitators

Rother Radio is on DAB, smart speakers, freeview channel 277 or online at www.rotherradio.co.uk

Edited by sheffbag

On 02/10/2023 at 22:51, Phantom T said:

Still never plucked up the courage to go.

I don't know why, I have just never found it easy to talk to anyone.

I'm thinking it's time to make a change and actually grow some and turn up.

Wish me well.

We get new people in every week and we have all had to walk through the door for the first time 👍

If u dont want to talk, thats absolutely fine. No-one will force you or think badly about it.

part of the problem is that men have always been told to ‘man up’ etc.

But like everyone else we have thoughts and feelings too.

where is your nearest club?

On 02/10/2023 at 22:51, Phantom T said:

Still never plucked up the courage to go.

I don't know why, I have just never found it easy to talk to anyone.

I'm thinking it's time to make a change and actually grow some and turn up.

Wish me well.

Hi there.  Take a breath, and put 7pm Monday night in your list of things to do, and just come along. You're guaranteed a warm welcome, will get looked after, and you don't have to talk, just watch it happen if you like and see if it's for you. If you need any more info, feel free to send me a DM.

Please don't overthink it. 

• Like 2