Mystery Pub

CF8M

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Hermitage? 

No where near Sharrow lane or Club Garden Lazarus.

And Definitely a Wards house.

Probably the best pint of Wards in the area 8) .

The Hermitage was on the bottom of London Road.

On 31/03/2022 at 01:12, Rockers rule said:

Hermitage? 

No where near Sharrow lane or Club Garden Lazarus.

And Definitely a Wards house.

Probably the best pint of Wards in the area 8) .

That definitely  was a Wards House, started going in there in the sixties.

One thing I do recall was about 2007 I was over from Melbourne on a visit and I did a sentimental walk along Eccleshall road one Sunday evening. I started in the  Pomona Gardens, Then the Nursery, how this place  had gone to the dogs, then the  Devonshire, which had just been taken over by a young chap with intentions of restoring it. Sadly now gone! Then on to the Hermitage on London road, or what had become of it. It had completely changed from what I remembered. this was about 8.30 pm and there were  only two women at the bar waiting for friends to go on somewhere else. It was so sad to think back and recall better times and now it was obvious that it had not long to, which was the case .

So I carried on to Farm Road Club to meet up with my Sister and her Husband to whom I recalled my trip and the comment from John was "I am surprised they are still open".                      

On 30/03/2022 at 16:52, Rockers rule said:

The OP was asking about a modern looking Tetley's  pub near Club Garden / Sharrow.

Cross Guns.

Keep safe 8) .

Jason was the landlord in the 80's with his Wife one of the Keenan's, his last pub was the White Hart at Greenhill until he ran off with a bloke, the last time I saw him he was taxi driving.

6 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Jason was the landlord in the 80's with his Wife one of the Keenan's, his last pub was the White Hart at Greenhill until he ran off with a bloke, the last time I saw him he was taxi driving.

Thank you Alextopman.

Jason rings a bell, 'our kid' frequented the Cross Guns more than us. 

We preferred the Jolly buffer, little Mesters & the Hermitage.

Buffer for the 'Queens Ale, Mesters for what had to be the best pint of Mansfield in Sheff & the Hermitage for the ( 'drink it - don't smell it') Wards :hihi: .

Happy daze living at Highfields - so many good pubs to choose from 8) .

7 minutes ago, sharrowyank said:

On the corner of cliff st and cemetery rd was a tetleys pub .

The Star of Brunswick.

Original post asks for a newish pub at Club garden in the 70's.

Was the Star of Brunswick even still there in the1970's ?

Definitely Cross Guns