Gov U Turn On Compulsory Vaccination For Nhs

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

Therein lies your problem.

You misinterpret data

I and many more are more grateful to Pfizer etc than they are to me.

See you on the other thread no doubt.

Pfizer will be very grateful don't worry about that, they've sold you a bum steer and made billions, great work if you can get it.

Genuinely don’t know what to do given this decision. Clinically extremely vulnerable and spent most of pandemic first year shielding  and isolating. Had all vaccination, as did my family with those hesitant doing so to protect me. Now need surgery with a one year wait, perhaps extended due to staff shortages due to NHS vaccine mandate but now may get treatment earlier by non vaccinated staff. As an ex NHS worker who had to have a Hepatitis B vaccine and accept treatment for positive mandatory monthly Strep tests am I wrong to feel the NHS mandate of ‘do no harm’ is being compromised?  Get treated and be harmed by unvaccinated staff or live with safely with debilitating condition?

Edited by catmiss
Typo

Catmiss - not sure why you are singling out Covid-19 and unvaccinated staff as a cause of concern. Well before the vaccines were released, most of those unvaccinated staff will have already had Covid-19 due to working without PPE. 

You seem to be focussed on Covid-19 as if unvaccinated staff  are the only risk  to you. As an ex NHS worker you must surely know that hospital acquired infections eg MRSA are not uncommon and can have a serious impact on the patient and NHS finances.  It’s not just Covid-19 that is a problem in hospitals. 

There is always a risk in going into hospital for surgery - that is why you are required to sign a consent form. Whether you accept that risk is your choice but singling out unvaccinated staff as a cause for concern makes no sense, especially as it is reported that 90% are vaccinated (higher than the general population) and that it is well known by now that vaccinated (boosted) people are still contracting and spreading the virus.  Remember too that some of those unvaccinated staff may have valid exemptions. Arguably, they will be more careful in infection control procedures because of their status. 

Edited by Jomie

On 04/02/2022 at 02:25, catmiss said:

Get treated and be harmed by unvaccinated staff

Contrary to the narrative, the vaccinated can and do pass on the disease, there are going to be 9 times as many of them floating about

Thinking you're safe because everyone you have contact with is vaccinated increases the risk of catching it.

You're vaccinated, what was the point of that if you are going to live in fear of the 'unclean'.

Staff and patients are tested.

(I'm not blaming you for this view, it's been pushed hard by governments and media around the world, incredibly divisive stuff).

Edited by fools