Scc Approve New Hillsbourgh Event

1 hour ago, darylslinn said:

Unless the trams aren't running after the event again !

The park will be closed longer than the days of the festival.... huge walls go up closing the park down in the week before and the week after.

So we're looking at a maximum of 11 months where it's available for use by the public? 

May Allah look mercifully on our souls.....

well it seems varied,doesnt make any difference to me,but the houses nearby,plus the land,taking all this traffic,but ha ho if you all agree and the locals are happy,i maybe have got it wrong,but i just thought with 2 huge music events,owls in the park,2/3 funfairs and a circus all in one summer is a big footfall ect,for the grass ect.

12 hours ago, steve68 said:

Fail to see what the football, speedway and dog track have to do with events within the park,. The o/p has a history of posting negativity toward Hillsborough park for hosting events, and has always sites these event should be held elsewhere, nowt new fromthe O/P

He also hates the council because they didn't give him any money for his own festival, remember.

i dont hate scc,i have to work with them for our event,i just disagree that nearly all big events are in one park,it cannot be good for the park or its neighbours /residents ect.there are plenty of other great parks in this city,theres graves park the biggest,millhouses long and very flat,it just seems we are becoming a one venue city for

big events,funfairs ect.plus theres norfolk park.

45 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i just disagree that 2 big events are in one park

I've corrected it for you

Hillsborough Park is ideal for these events, big footprint, great access and level. I don't think any other park in Sheffield would tick so many boxes. 

As a side note, I'd love Sheffield to have lots of big cultural events throughout the year. Would be good for the economy and make us a real destination city. I went to Montreal a few years ago and it seemed to be non-stop events and things to do.  

i agree with lots of events,but grass in british summers will only take so much footfall ect,in one month,but if the public all want all the big events at hillsbrough and the residents and park visitors are all happy,who am i to disagree,just thought it seemed a lot.

Having read the Star article it looks like an event promoter has made an application for a licence for Hillsborough Park for an event. Its quite a wide timeframe - a single three day event, between May & September in either 2023 or 2024. People / local residents have objected so the decision to grant the licence has to be referred to Councillors, with the hearing taking place this week.

Knowing a little about the Licensing Act, it is quite narrow on what can be considered - access to the park, traffic, parking etc are outside the remit of the act and the Council are bound by the legislation to grant a licence unless there are specific legal grounds not to.

It looks like the promoter asked for Hillsborough Park, rather than the Council deciding thats where this event should be - much like the OP asks for Lowedges Park for his own event.......

we ask for simular,but also work with A H&S officer recommended by scc but at our cost,but we have 10-15 thousand over about 6 hours,but how they work several days with much bigger crowds,that i am not able to comment on,but scc must get a cost paid to them,like funfairs pay ect ,for use of the park,as i say i have no objection ,i just run the thread to see what folk felt about another big event at the same park on top of the other events held there already in the summer.

I think it would be brill to have another Sheffield based festival, but I know what you mean about using Hillsborough Park again. Trying to think of another park that would be able to hold the same capacity and easy to get to and struggling though!

maybe western park or norfolk park,could hold a big event and very central to the city?

Maybe the other parks can't hold large events due to rat infestations......