Rental Property Management

Hello, i’m looking to move out of my home and put it on the rental market. Can anyone recommend a good estate agent in Hillsborough? Looking to use one to fully manage it. 

I'd say use an agent to advertise, check out tenants and do all the initial admin. But if you're still going to be in Sheff once you've picked a tenant, then manage it yourself.

I've done both and I would say if the property is in a good enough condition then there should only be routine maintenance issues to deal with. So a managing agent may not be worth the cost. All you need to do is send round a plumber/sparky/handyman whenever a problem crops up. Often the tenant can deal with it themselves to save you going round there.

If you're moving away and can't do it yourself then fair enough.

Edited by Bilge

Thank you for your replies.

This is my first rental property so I would like it fully managed. I will probably move to a cheaper option in the future once I have got the hang of being a landlord.

I have all the correct certificates. Just need to get the property advertised.

What property is it my daughter is looking for one to rent for her and 3 yr old daughter she wants to move back from Worksop where all her family live she’s looking for one ASAP 

4 hours ago, cplw said:

Thank you for your replies.

This is my first rental property so I would like it fully managed. I will probably move to a cheaper option in the future once I have got the hang of being a landlord.

I have all the correct certificates. Just need to get the property advertised.

I hope that you also have written consents from:

a. your own landlord (reversioner) if what you own is a leasehold flat; and

b. your mortgagee (lender) if your property is in mortgage- unless it's a BTL one.

On 15/11/2020 at 20:21, cplw said:

Hello, i’m looking to move out of my home and put it on the rental market. Can anyone recommend a good estate agent in Hillsborough? Looking to use one to fully manage it. 

I’ve used a few agents in Sheffield and have had  issues either on cost or general performance but rented one out through Sheffield City Living and wouldn’t use anyone else now.

They’re decent value and the service is really good in terms of how they act and their speed of response.

Don’t go with any of the big agents as they charge a fortune and you are pretty irrelevant to them in the scheme of things.

Also be very careful trying to do it yourself, most scammers avoid agent-let properties and target individuals.

Good luck.

Also, either of the Universities might be interested in taking-on a letting of your property for sub-letting.