Low Flying Planes

Just saw two planes flying low in formation over south Sheffield but I didn’t get a good enough view to identify them, anyone know what they were? TIA

They passed over my house in shirecliffe heading towards hillsborough.Must have only been 300ft or so as my partner said you could see the pilots.

Edited by breadcakes

One of them looked like a drone to me but guess not if the pilots were visible!

I saw them flying extremely low over darnall and attercliffe. Were also very close together. 

These are the two plane types  Diamond DA42[9] and one Diamond DA62 of DEA aviation based out at Retford, flew up to Huddersield and back. Interestingly for whatever reason they were flying at half the altitude of the police plane circulating out at Treeton who i presume was looking for some one.

I really must get a hobby or a life or something.

Hi Arthur, can you see the altitude it was flying near shirecliffe tip?After looking up the plane it must have been flying extremly low

31 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

These are the two plane types  Diamond DA42[9] and one Diamond DA62 of DEA aviation based out at Retford, flew up to Huddersield and back. Interestingly for whatever reason they were flying at half the altitude of the police plane circulating out at Treeton who i presume was looking for some one.

I really must get a hobby or a life or something.

Thanks for that, mystery solved! Definitely not drones but I didn’t get a good look at them, I was sat at the traffic lights in Woodseats with a very restricted view when they went over.  And there’s nothing wrong with being a plane geek!

Thanks 4 that.My address is at 394 ft so does that mean it was only 356ft above?

No

It's for a channel 5 documentary about the Dambusters according to the Star.