Definition Of Subletting

Thank you everyone for your comments. 

I am going to look at the lease again, but so far cannot see anything about sub-letting.  I  think i will take the advice from TT Parsons and write to the freeholder explaining the situation. thanks again.

On 03/02/2020 at 20:13, trixie123 said:

My daughter lives in a flat I own , she does not pay any rent but pays the Utilities, I  have received a bill for ground rent from the freeholder demanding payment for subletting. 

My question is, do I have to pay the subletting fee even though she has never paid any rent or service charge as I am the one who pays the service charge each year?

Has anyone had any experience in this sort of issue?

Seems to me as if someone is trying to give you agro because of you daughter . Has she got a lot of kids who are making noise or a barking dog  or radio on or some thing / Some one has complained to lease holder or how would they know it was your daughter

Thats one of the troubles with a flat always some one noisy or complaning about some thing i just keep away from them

Edited by spider1

2 minutes ago, trixie123 said:

hi spider 1.  in reply to your comment,  no, she is a student, no kids, pets or noise.  i assume the landlord/freeholder thinks i am subletting because they send the bill to my home address which is different to the flat .

No he prob thinks nothing of the sort if he is only asking for the ground rent pay it and forget about it  dont create a prob if there isnt one