China Rose - Bawtry

Been many times, its always been a class apart and the food is excellent, I'm overdue a visit and fully agree with the dress code policy.

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, Borista336 said:

No it means they respect the owners wishes to create a certain standard which is their right as a private business owner, you are under no obligation to dine at the China Rose, i guess its not your type of venue then.đź‘Ť

its worth the travel.

If you’re happy being told what to wear by a restaurant you’re paying money to then I’ve no problem with it - nor do I have a problem with the restaurant.

i just don’t agree with a dress code - it’s daft and is just a delusion of grandeur for people.

£30 primark suit and you’re good to go.......

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

If you’re happy being told what to wear by a restaurant you’re paying money to then I’ve no problem with it - nor do I have a problem with the restaurant.

i just don’t agree with a dress code - it’s daft and is just a delusion of grandeur for people.

£30 primark suit and you’re good to go.......

the point is they didnt say what you have to wear, they just said no tracksuit tops or bottoms sleeveless shirts or ripped jeans?? i am sure a primark suit would be very welcome but prob a tad overdressed. why is it Grandeur ? seriously interested why you think that?

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Borista336 said:

the point is they didnt say what you have to wear, they just said no tracksuit tops or bottoms sleeveless shirts or ripped jeans?? i am sure a primark suit would be very welcome but prob a tad overdressed. why is it Grandeur ? seriously interested why you think that?

Delusions of grandeur I said.

for example you consider it “to keep the riff-raff out” which demonstrates that you consider yourself to be above someone else because they wear a tracksuit top and therefore aren’t refined enough to dine in the same restaurant as you .

load of rubbish. 

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Delusions of grandeur I said.

for example you consider it “to keep the riff-raff out” which demonstrates that you consider yourself to be above someone else because they wear a tracksuit top and therefore aren’t refined enough to dine in the same restaurant as you .

load of rubbish. 

not delusions of grandeur at all ! exactly that keep the riff raff out! why would i or anyone else want to eat in a nice place that welcomed tracksuited/ripped jean clients?

i dont consider myself above at all but someone who dresses like that in a nice refined restaurant  doesnt know how to behave or they are just disrespecting the owners.

i suggest that type you think is acceptable is more aligned to maccy ds

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, Borista336 said:

not delusions of grandeur at all ! exactly that keep the riff raff out! why would i or anyone else want to eat in a nice place that welcomed tracksuited/ripped jean clients?

i dont consider myself above at all but someone who dresses like that in a nice refined restaurant  doesnt know how to behave or they are just disrespecting the owners.

i suggest that type you think is acceptable is more aligned to maccy ds

You’ve just reinforced my point perfectly.

thanks.

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.