Does anyone know any child friendly pubs for watching the football?

Didnt this guy just want to take his kids to pub to watch match.?WHY are the tree hugging soap box merchants out again.Is life that boring for some folk that a simple request becomes a moral issue for ****s sake?.:rant: :rant:

Hear, hear. This is a massive event for some people, and families are coming more and more into the game. I love to watch the football with my wife and lad. And yes - ooooo - yes sometimes I have a drink. I am not ashamed to admit that I got bladdered when United got promoted. My wife and son knew full well that was going to happen, and we had a great day, just as we do on the many other occasions when I don't bother having a drink at all.

Oh, and my son is a very well mannered, well balanced lad who I can take anywhere, to meet anyone and he will behave perfectly.

To all football loving families out there - get the shirts and face paints out and get out and enjoy it all. We only have our kids with us a short time, and its all about having fun together. This is an excuse to have fun - and I hope happy hippy finds a good place to go.

RSVP always have kids in there. I was there today and there must have been a baby who was about 5 months in there.

RSVP always have kids in there. I was there today and there must have been a baby who was about 5 months in there.

MMMmm all that lovely smoke that it's beautiful delicate lungs are inhaling. Nice.

I know. Even the people who were holding the baby were smoking. Its still a great place none the less.

I know. Even the people who were holding the baby were smoking. Its still a great place none the less.

Well I'm sorry but that is good enough reason why children should not be in pubs.

It is crazy as there is a no serving alcohol to under 18's abit of a contradiction. It felt like a creche today.

Ugh, some people just shouldn't be allowed Children :rant:

That poor baby will probably have illness and alsorts in later life from passive smoking...

Getting back on topic, there's a screen and refreshments available for all the England matches in the Leika coffee shop upstairs in Hillsborough Leisure Centre- that may be a more appropriate family friendly environment than a pub to take youngsters to watch he match.

And before anyone asks- no, I don't work for them or have any ulterior motive in mentioning them- I just see the signs every time I go to the gym there.

there nothing better than watching at home as you can do what u want and have as much booze as you like and dont have to bother over others:hihi:

any child friendly pubs to watch the match in? :thumbsup:

My worst nightmare.

I don't even like the football on in pubs, ruining that nice 'pub atmosphere', never mind kids as well :roll:

Just call me Mr Grumpy :hihi:

My worst nightmare.

I don't even like the football on in pubs, ruining that nice 'pub atmosphere', never mind kids as well :roll:

Just call me Mr Grumpy :hihi:

Although, Mr Grumpy, it is ever so handy when you need to procure the unfettered urine of a child for the purpose of avoiding apprehension for drink driving ;)

Although, Mr Grumpy, it is ever so handy when you need to procure the unfettered urine of a child for the purpose of avoiding apprehension for drink driving ;)

Kathythebean, I've been dying to have that quote from 'Withnail and I' as my sig, but fear it may be misunderstood :suspect::D

You know how this place can kick off...... :roll: