Cunningham's picalilli

Johnh

Has anybody noticed that Cunninghams Piccalilli is not the same as it used to be. It used to be full of large chunks of cauliflower, onions etc. Now it just seems like thin slop! Its the second jar I've bought like this, shan't be buying any more.

:gag:

Johnh,

Come to think of it, yes, you are absolutely right here. As a Sheffield ex-pat living in Southport, I bought some from the town centre's Sainsburys store a few weeks ago. It was very disappointing indeed, and nothing like the delicious stuff I would ladle onto cheese sandwiches when we lived in Sheffield [left in 91]. Cunninghams seem to have 'gone down the nick'...

Originally posted by timo

Johnh,

Come to think of it, yes, you are absolutely right here. As a Sheffield ex-pat living in Southport, I bought some from the town centre's Sainsburys store a few weeks ago. It was very disappointing indeed, and nothing like the delicious stuff I would ladle onto cheese sandwiches when we lived in Sheffield [left in 91]. Cunninghams seem to have 'gone down the nick'...

I do hope Cunninghams take notice of these comments. Seems a shame that such a good product should come to this. The alternatives are as good if not better!

Don't know of a Cunninghams website, or I'd email them direct.

Cunninghams was taken over by new owners a few years ago (I think to save it from closing down) they then had to move away from their old premises on Queens Rd (what an eye opener that place was) so the pickles and such like have probably been made "new and improved" and like a lot of traditional products new means :gag: