EDL demo in Manchester..

Glad to see they have a poor following.

Why bring up brexit though? Or is it an attempt to imply the 51% of the population who voted for brexit are edl supporters.

I totally agree.

I was working at Television Centre that day and had to brave the 'no platform' protests to get in and out of the building. That appearance finished Griffin as a political leader and that was at a time when the BNP was riding high having 50 local councillors, 500,000 votes in the general election, a member on the London Assembly and two MEPs.

It was a perfect example of the dangers of living in a bubble. It is all very well getting a standing ovation from 20 middle aged men in the back room of a pub but when your ideas are exposed to the harsh light of reasoned argument it becomes a completely different matter.

I would suggest that it was also the rise of UKIP that destroyed the BNP as an electoral force.

and the debt they stupidly rang up

---------- Post added 22-10-2018 at 14:34 ----------

Im assuming the trouble causers from the UAF turned up hoping to provoke them into a fight ?

as usual trying to muddy the water by turning the topic on its head, there was no mention of the UAF, or trouble, the laughing is purely down to the miniscule amount of support. nothing to do with opposition or trouble...nice try :roll:

Glad to see they have a poor following.

Why bring up brexit though? Or is it an attempt to imply the 51% of the population who voted for brexit are edl supporters.

First of all 25% of the population voted for Brexit and secondly, since the vote, there has been a marked increase in racially aggravated crimes and a sense of entitlement in some quarters to be more openly racist.

In that climate you would think that support for far right groups would increase.

This pitiful turnout shows that thankfully, it hasn't.

First of all 25% of the population voted for Brexit and secondly, since the vote, there has been a marked increase in racially aggravated crimes and a sense of entitlement in some quarters to be more openly racist.

In that climate you would think that support for far right groups would increase.

This pitiful turnout shows that thankfully, it hasn't.

Aka there is no link between brexit and edl support.

Thanks for clearing up your own slur. Implying racism on large swathes of decent people is gutter politics and best avoided.

Aka there is no link between brexit and edl support.

Thanks for clearing up your own slur. Implying racism on large swathes of decent people is gutter politics and best avoided.

You are denying that there is a link between the Brexit vote and the increase in incidents of race attacks (both physical and verbal) since that vote?

You are denying that there is a link between the Brexit vote and the increase in incidents of race attacks (both physical and verbal) since that vote?

I'm disputing your OP linking brexit and therefore voters for it, and the EDL.

I don't deny anyone the right to argue blue in the face about brexit. I just don't t like your type of insinuation of links to violent racists. Its slimy and there's no need for it.

Try sticking to the arguments and keep the gutter dredging out of it.

Needed tommy robinson there on the podium to let the people know what really is happening in the inner cities. Not what the press want us to know.best of luck for tommorow the masses are rooting for you

I'm disputing your OP linking brexit and therefore voters for it, and the EDL.

I don't deny anyone the right to argue blue in the face about brexit. I just don't t like your type of insinuation of links to violent racists. Its slimy and there's no need for it.

Try sticking to the arguments and keep the gutter dredging out of it.

So you are denying a link between the rise in racially aggravated incidents and the Brexit vote?

So you are denying a link between the rise in racially aggravated incidents and the Brexit vote?

No, there was a well publicised rise.

But, YOUR thread shows the tiny support these yobs have. But you still couldn't resist a snidy comment re brexit. It does you or your case no favours.

I know most people voted both ways for good, decent reasons. Luckily most people can have a normal conversation without this type of nastiness.

No, there was a well publicised rise.

OK, so we are agreed that the Brexit vote has led to an increase in racially aggravated crime and I would suggest that there is also a definite rise in the sense of entitlement to be openly racist in some sections of society (including on this forum).

If this is the case, why do you have such a problem with me suggesting that in this new climate, we would expect a rise in support for far right groups?

it said in the manchester rag there were 300 uaf

Sounds about right. That lot turn up looking for trouble.

---------- Post added 22-10-2018 at 21:21 ----------

Needed tommy robinson there on the podium to let the people know what really is happening in the inner cities. Not what the press want us to know.best of luck for tommorow the masses are rooting for you

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

best of luck for tommorow the masses are rooting for you

Given that the masses have never even heard of Wee Tommy, I very much doubt it.

So how many do you will turn up at the Old Bailey tomorrow?