DPD drop off, Currys PCWorld Drake House

Anyone used the DPD drop off service at Currys PCWorld Drake House?

If so, did anyone else find the service as reliable as a chocolate fireguard?

How did they manage to **** it up?

I had a delivery to Argos, got a text to say it had arrived, I picked it up.

Hello Monkey

I dropped a parcel there Monday 28th May on a 24hr delivery. Being bank holiday I didn't expect pickup till Tuesday realistically. Today Thursday, it's still on the system as Scanned Ready for Pickup.

I phoned DPD and they confirmed it's still in store. They said, it might have been stored away wrong, at the store. Ok.

I visited the store again and asked why my parcel hadn't been picked up by the driver. She went to look for it and couldn't find it. She said it isn't here. I noticed her poking around under the stairs leading to the next level, so I had a look (through the steps of the stairs and spotted it) it's a 14" box it isn't very hard.

She then had an excuse that the driver probably didn't have it on his pickup list.

REALLY?

I phoned DPD from the carpark and told them what she'd said, they said that's unlikely as it's down for a 24hr delivery. They said what's most likely happened is they put it away somewhere and forgot about it.

Brilliant. Amatures.

This whole idea of retailers wading into the domain of couriers is pointless. I've had a few dealings with it and it's never worked out right. I either get it delivered to my house or I'll shop - this mish mash doesn't work.

This whole idea of retailers wading into the domain of couriers is pointless. I've had a few dealings with it and it's never worked out right. I either get it delivered to my house or I'll shop - this mish mash doesn't work.

I've never had an issue getting ebay stuff dropped off at Argos..get a text when the item is ready then go and collect...never failed

Yah the issue was with me dropping the item off, seems the shop just threw it in a corner and forgot about it. The person behind the counter seemed pretty incredulous. I've never had a problem at any other drop off point.

I've never had an issue getting ebay stuff dropped off at Argos..get a text when the item is ready then go and collect...never failed

Argos might work, I've never used it, but the others that I've used haven't. It depends on how easily it can integrate to what's already in place I suppose.

---------- Post added 31-05-2018 at 14:02 ----------

Yah the issue was with me dropping the item off, seems the shop just threw it in a corner and forgot about it. The person behind the counter seemed pretty incredulous. I've never had a problem at any other drop off point.

I had one where it was left in a shop for well over a week.

Same at Drakehouse, had to go see where my PC monitor had got to, it was under the stairs.

Some people are not comfortable giving out their home addresses to sellers.