Barnsley Vs Blades

SomeNextGuy

We have in my lifetime (and I'm not talking 3rd or 4th division)

Not mine, and only a League Cup, the same Cup Oxford United and Luton Town won around the same time.

Still better than anything I've seen though to be fair. I'd love a bloody League Cup win.

Not mine, and only a League Cup, the same Cup Oxford United and Luton Town won around the same time.

Still better than anything I've seen though to be fair. I'd love a bloody League Cup win.

Remind me again which league Oxford and Luton where when they won it? I suppose a 'lucky' win against a Manchester United team who 4 weeks later defeated Barcelona in the Cup Winners cup final isn't much to go on about :hihi:

Remind me again which league Oxford and Luton where when they won it? I suppose a 'lucky' win against a Manchester United team who 4 weeks later defeated Barcelona in the Cup Winners cup final isn't much to go on about :hihi:

No idea without Googling it. Probably the top judging from the way you typed that.

As I said, I'd love to do the same, but I don't envy a league cup win that happened before I was born. I wouldn't swap positions with Portsmouth or Birmingham either and they've won stuff in my living memory. :hihi:

No idea without Googling it. Probably the top judging from the way you typed that.

As I said, I'd love to do the same, but I don't envy a league cup win that happened before I was born. I wouldn't swap positions with Portsmouth or Birmingham either and they've won stuff in my living memory. :hihi:

Damn, I was only -16 when that occurred and it still hurts.

The post above was in relation to a comment about boxing day. -16 years would mean you where born in 1986 but you have just posted that you weren't born in 1991.

As my old man used to say, to be a good liar you need a good memory!

The post above was in relation to a comment about boxing day. -16 years would mean you where born in 1986 but you have just posted that you weren't born in 1991.

I was born in 94.

Boxing day was 79.

1979+16= 95

Boxing day was 15 years before I was born.

My maths was off, but not as much as yours. Unless I'm just missing something, which is a possibility.

Edited by SomeNextGuy

When your seeing being 9th in a poor Championship as being superior and somehow successful you know you’ve had a pretty rough time as a club, neither Sheffield team have that much to shout about but I’ve seen us have lengthy spells in the top flight and competing for the title, an against the odds League Cup win, won Sheffield footballs biggest ever game, two more cup finals including the dream of an FA Cup final day, trips to Luxembourg and Germany in European competition and an amazing weekend and win in Cardiff in the play off final, great days and memories that you can’t take away.

Not sure if I had such a good time when we were 9th in our respective league.

When your seeing being 9th in a poor Championship as being superior and somehow successful you know you’ve had a pretty rough time as a club, neither Sheffield team have that much to shout about but I’ve seen us have lengthy spells in the top flight and competing for the title, an against the odds League Cup win, won Sheffield footballs biggest ever game, two more cup finals including the dream of an FA Cup final day, trips to Luxembourg and Germany in European competition and an amazing weekend and win in Cardiff in the play off final, great days and memories that you can’t take away.

As long as you had a great time,that's fine,not sure why you would think Blades fans are in any way bothered about your history,but whatever floats your boat,love the way the 'hardest league in Europe' suddenly becomes poor though,it's so important that you've wrote it twice.:hihi:

Bit different though, lots of Blades genuinely thought we'd struggle and would have been happy with mid table. After the start we had, it is disappointing not to have done better, but it's still been a decent season.