They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

Absolutely. Anyone driving with a moose attached to their car should take extra special care.

It's also hugely important to make sure that your moose is securely fitted. Just think of the damage it could do if it became dislodged at speed.

Make sure that it's dead though before attaching.

I see in last nights Star that the MP's are now encourageing the flying of the flag. I accept that for some people that this will be a good reason to NOT fly it :)

The most telling part of the article was Blunketts attitude to the "killjoys" where he said if you dont like it watch the shopping channels or go to Scotland.

OK, the question nicholarse is, which shopping channel do you watch and when are you going to Scotland?

Still trying to find a local supplier of Yorkshire car flags

Dave

I see in last nights Star that the MP's are now encourageing the flying of the flag. I accept that for some people that this will be a good reason to NOT fly it :)

The most telling part of the article was Blunketts attitude to the "killjoys" where he said if you dont like it watch the shopping channels or go to Scotland.

OK, the question nicholarse is, which shopping channel do you watch and when are you going to Scotland?

Still trying to find a local supplier of Yorkshire car flags

Dave

These people couldn't have made my point better if I'd asked them too.

NM

Basic psychology of in groups and out groups.

Flying the flag along with many others gives all participants (and many none participants) a sense of belonging and increases the feel good factor of the general public.

Except for those amongst us who are unable to, or find it difficult to, participate in a society. People like you Nicholarse.

Would you deny the rest of us the right to have some fun and be happy?

I have never seen so many. The country's gone mad! Good for everyone to have something to look forward to though.

Basic psychology of in groups and out groups.

Flying the flag along with many others gives all participants (and many none participants) a sense of belonging and increases the feel good factor of the general public.

Except for those amongst us who are unable to, or find it difficult to, participate in a society. People like you Nicholarse.

Would you deny the rest of us the right to have some fun and be happy?

Spot On.

And what about handle bars on bikes? They stick out.

What about horses tails? You could overtake a horse on a pushbike and it could either c r a p on you or flick it's tail which could result in some rather nasty tail whipping!

What about Milk floats? They could drop milk everywhere on a bumpy road.

You don't go on about them?

These flags are a sign of people coming together for a change, this can only be good.

Not read the full thread but i cant believe that so many ppl have a problem with the flags. Stop being drama queens and display the flag with pride :thumbsup:

BTW Even i wouldn't dispaly the flag on the motorway.

You are of course wrong.

First insult is post number 9 on this string. It's not from anyone supporting the idea of getting rid of flags.

NM

NM

But most of the reactive derogatory drivel is from your anti flag lot. If they have made any insulting remarks whatsover that my statement is true!

one of the reasons nick , is that in order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially dangerous drivers, the DVLC deem it compulsory for anyone with a lower than average IQ and driving ability to displaya warning flag.

the flag, comprising of a red cross on a white background, will be attached to the top of at least one door of their chav wagon

for drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional falgs are required.

INF797/2

Ha...........ha..........ha............ha. Get a life and stop discriminating against people with a sense of pride, passion, belief, and enthusiasm for life!

These people couldn't have made my point better if I'd asked them too.

NM

What do you mean. Spell it out cause you just know I'll come back at you this examples like that pillock I've just replied to in my last post!