Rowdy hen parties and very sensitive women

So what you're say is, we should discriminate to beat discrimination?

If i need a brain surgeon, i want the best person for the job, not someone who got their because of their skin colour or the circumstances in to which they were born.

No, I'm asking why do you think the measures were put in place?

No, I'm asking why do you think the measures were put in place?

I'm well aware of why... but that was a while ago. In the modern day there are laws against discrimination. So, why are people from different backgrounds given extra consideration if there are laws in place to combat discrimination?

My question to you:

If the benchmark for a surgeon to pass their exams is 90% and all who apply don't meet that benchmark, would you be happy receiving an operation from someone who couldn't meet that benchmark purely because of their background?

I'm well aware of why... but that was a while ago. In the modern day there are laws against discrimination. So, why are people from different backgrounds given extra consideration if there are laws in place to combat discrimination?

My question to you:

If the benchmark for a surgeon to pass their exams is 90% and all who apply don't meet that benchmark, would you be happy receiving an operation from someone who couldn't meet that benchmark purely because of their background?

Modern day, what year are we taking about?

Modern day, what year are we taking about?

I'm talking about 2017 - working where i do i have to have training on work-place discrimination and the laws around it. Therefore, i'm aware of what is expected when people apply for jobs.

I've also been on interview panels, so am aware of the processes.

As far as i'm concerned, the best person for the job should be appointed... it's quite simple, really.

I'm talking about 2017 - working where i do i have to have training on work-place discrimination and the laws around it. Therefore, i'm aware of what is expected when people apply for jobs.

I've also been on interview panels, so am aware of the processes.

As far as i'm concerned, the best person for the job should be appointed... it's quite simple, really.

That's great, however some employers won't be as considerate as you and ignore the best person for the job because they have a disability, or could get pregnant and want maternity leave, or simply be the wrong colour.

That's great, however some employers won't be as considerate as you and ignore the best person for the job because they have a disability, or could get pregnant and want maternity leave, or simply be the wrong colour.

And there are laws against that...