Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Come on chaps! Play a weakened side, lose at Cardiff, beat United. Good? Or bad? Just about the ONLY thing Sheffield fans want at the moment, is a win (or at the very least, not to lose) on Sunday. Good tactics from Wilder? Or fear?

I reckon it's a good move on his part. It could save him his title of God, or The Messiah. Beating us would make United's season (even if they went down)

I've no idea. I don't work at Bramall Lane. Do you know, or do you believe in God (Wilder) or what the papers say?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I've no idea. I don't work at Bramall Lane. Do you know, or do you believe in God or what the papers say?

Eh?....................

United fans fantasy that blade Wilder will have united snapping at the leash, whilst that funny foreigner Carlos will not have a clue what the derby is all about are way off the mark, the Owls have a settled side and a fantastic team spirit, not saying that we'll because of that but it's not to doubted. It's a good few days away yet but whilst it's all quiet in the Wednesday camp there seems to be a few losing their heads at the Lane in the run up. Seemingly resting players in a home game seems very odd for a manager who's done so much right.

Wilder didn't rest players,they are out injured.Who at the Lane are losing their heads?

---------- Post added 18-09-2017 at 20:38 ----------

Very difficult to predict the outcome..Both clubs in decent form...no doubt United's chairman,manager and captain will be getting very giddy as the week progresses,considering how excited they were at facing Wednesday after gaining promotion last season....

Wednesday seem to have a reasonably settled starting 11 and it would be a massive bonus if Hutchinson is fit for the weekend...on form i'd back Wednesday against anyone and whilst i admire what United have done since winning promotion,i couldn't name you anymore than 3 or 4 of their team...

i hope Wednesday win 10-0...but i'd take any sort of win...

3 Blades looking forward to a Sheffield derby,is there a problem with that?

Well, there you go then. If you can't name many United players that must mean they aren't well known and can't be any good. We've had this all summer from some Wednesdayites, but it's kind of looking rather different to their gloomy predictions so far.

United don't have any multi-million pound household name players - but they do have some very good players all the same - and they play some very good football. I wouldn't put too much stake on them not being well known players.

Personally, I think it will be a draw. And quite possibly a 0-0 draw too.

Thanks for that....but I didn't say they weren't very good ... I just said I only know a few of the players ..:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 18-09-2017 at 21:52 ----------

Wilder didn't rest players,they are out injured.Who at the Lane are losing their heads?

No not at all :D

Thanks for that....but I didn't say they weren't very good ... I just said I only know a few of the players ..:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 18-09-2017 at 21:52 ----------

No not at all :D

Is the correct answer,so we can safely forget about this 'derby talk at the advent of the Blades promotion' as being anything else but perfectly normal.The way it kept being brought up it sounded as though it had fuelled some discontent in the blue and white half,and I was a bit perplexed as to why such ill feeling at perfectly normal conversation had arose.

Which payers have been rested as opposed to being injured?.

Reported as injured, rested maybe with slight niggles would be my guess. Manager and fans losing their cool hmmmmmmmm.

Reported as injured, rested maybe with slight niggles would be my guess. Manager and fans losing their cool hmmmmmmmm.

Do you make these posts to get a bite or something,?

Do you make these posts to get a bite or something,?

No its fact.

So you are calling Wilder a liar?....How much lower are you prepared to sink on this forum?