• Conservative majority 26-50
    • Conservative majority 1-25
    • Conservative no majority, but largest party
    • Labour and Conservative equal number of seats
    • Labour no majority, but largest party
    • Labour majority 1-25
    • Labour majority 26-50
    • Labour majority 50 +

To be fair I only had a look at this thread to see how low penistone could stoop but did find her comment quite appalling as well.

As Pinkman well knows, I have already apologised immediately and profusely on the original thread as soon as I discovered he had Cerebal Palsy, just after the election. I genuinely didn't know, and again, I apologise unreservedly

The original comment and the apology are here in Sheffield Discussions thread, '2017 General Election candidates Sheffield' Post 110. Please check it out.

Guest sibon
As Pinkman well knows, I have already apologised immediately and profusely on the original thread as soon as I discovered he had Cerebal Palsy, just after the election. I genuinely didn't know, and again, I apologise unreservedly

The original comment and the apology are here in Sheffield Discussions thread, '2017 General Election candidates Sheffield' Post 110. Please check it out.

You have no need to keep on apologising, Anna. Jared himself acknowledges that his disability isn't always that visible.

Don't feel bad about it.

I'm sure he's very happy to have you as a supporter

You have no need to keep on apologising, Anna. Jared himself acknowledges that his disability isn't always that visible.

Don't feel bad about it.

I'm sure he's very happy to have you as a supporter

Thankyou, that makes me feel a bit better.

Here we have it people. Anna B, hater of the "nasty party" saying a man with cerebral palsy looks a bit of a divvy.

It's quite possible Anna didn't know he has cerebral palsy don't you think? I didn't know that either.

EDIT: Just seen the apologies above already given by Anna.

It's quite possible Anna didn't know he has cerebral palsy don't you think? I didn't know that either.

EDIT: Just seen the apologies above already given by Anna.

Yes, it is. However in the thread about Sheffield candidates Anna said his winning speech was uninspiring. That was after she'd called him a divvy.

I put it to you Kate, that if you saw his victory speech and couldn't guess that he had cerebral palsy then your powers of observation are zilch.

Yes, it is. However in the thread about Sheffield candidates Anna said his winning speech was uninspiring. That was after she'd called him a divvy.

I put it to you Kate, that if you saw his victory speech and couldn't guess that he had cerebral palsy then your powers of observation are zilch.

I didn't watch his acceptance speech and I didn't really know a single thing about him until now. He's not my local MP and I really didn't think Labour stood a chance in Hallam so wasn't massively interested in him. Still not really, except for some interesting comments in the other thread about some of his previous comments about misogyny, which aren't exactly fab to put it bluntly. But I do get your point, other's have said his disability isn't obvious.

I didn't watch his acceptance speech and I didn't really know a single thing about him until now. He's not my local MP and I really didn't think Labour stood a chance in Hallam so wasn't massively interested in him. Still not really, except for some interesting comments in the other thread about some of his previous comments about misogyny, which aren't exactly fab to put it bluntly. But I do get your point, other's have said his disability isn't obvious.

You didn't but Anna B did and said it was uninspiring, after having called him a divvy.

Here it is.

Pay close attention to the bit where he says, '"anyone who has a physical disability like me, I will be on your side."

I'd say that's inspiring.

Can't help wondering if Anna was actually paying attention to his speech after deciding immediately that he was a divvy.

Edit. And here it is without all the foreground chatter.

Edited by Pinkman

You didn't but Anna B did and said it was uninspiring, after having called him a divvy.

Here it is.

Pay close attention to the bit where he says, '"anyone who has a physical disability like me, I will be on your side."

I'd say that's inspiring.

Can't help wondering if Anna was actually paying attention to his speech after deciding immediately that he was a divvy.

Edit. And here it is without all the foreground chatter.

No, I wasn't paying attention, and only heard a bit of it as I was watching the other channel as well. I was in fact, defending Nick Clegg when someone was slagging him off after all he's done, by saying his replacement didn't look that great.

Is that OK with you? Or do you want to continue hounding me for an innocent, but unfortunate remark, in your own little personal vendetta?

No, I wasn't paying attention, and only heard a bit of it as I was watching the other channel as well. I was in fact, defending Nick Clegg when someone was slagging him off after all he's done, by saying his replacement didn't look that great.

Is that OK with you? Or do you want to continue hounding me for an innocent, but unfortunate remark, in your own little personal vendetta?

To sum up then: you didn't actually watch his speech but decided it was uninspiring. When I asked what you didn't find inspiring about a man with a disability wanting to champion disability causes you changed your tune.

Even though in his acceptance speech he'd mentioned his disability and what he wanted to achieve. Which you'd know if you'd watched the speech. You now admit you didn't. So why express an opinion on him without knowing what he said?

I think you have said quite enough now.

Edited by Pinkman

Hmmmm, I don't the lad personally but I know people who do from when he's been working in bars around West Street, and from what I can gather he wouldn't give a stuff about what Anna said.

You're over-cooking this Pinkman. It seems to me just to attack other posters.

Hmmmm, I don't the lad personally but I know people who do from when he's been working in bars around West Street, and from what I can gather he wouldn't give a stuff about what Anna said.

You're over-cooking this Pinkman. It seems to me just to attack other posters.

So you think it's ok to express opinions about political speeches you admit you haven't listened to?

OK I1L2T3; I don't know what your business is. Imagine I did know and wrote a bad review of it, even though I haven't actually been a patron of it. Is that ok?

I can accept Anna didn't call him a divvy in relation to his disability. Still not very nice though is it? She plainly knows nothing about him.

When I asked what she found uninspiring about a man with cerebral palsy becoming an MP to champion disability causes she said:

Sorry. I've only just found that out. I didn't know, and yes that puts a whole different light on it.

So, she's inspired by him now she knows he has a disability? OK, that's great. Except he said he had a disability and he wanted to champion disability causes in his speech which Anna had previously described as uninspiring.

If you think that's ok and I'm over egging the pudding so be it. I don't agree with much you say either.

Edited by Pinkman

So you think it's ok to express opinions about political speeches you admit you haven't listened to?

OK I1L2T3, I don't know what your business is. Imagine I did know and wrote a bad review of it, even though I haven't actually been a patron of it. Is that ok?

I'm attacking Anna you say? The same Anna who called someone a divvy and then said his speech was uninspiring even though she didn't actually listen to its content? I accept Anna didn't call him a divvy in relation to his disability. Still not very nice though is it? She plainly knows nothing about him.

Well it's the same Anna that has supported Corbyn through thick and thin, and the same Anna who has helped made it possible for candidates like O'Mara to be elected.

Up and down the country there are a couple of hundred thousand people just like Anna who never gave up and my guess is that Jared O'Mara would gladly buy each and every one of them a pint if he could.

I agree it wasn't nice but to be fair to Anna it was retracted almost immediately.