MacBook OS X problem

alan p

My sister has a MacBook OS X and it wouldn't work properly so she tried to factory reset but that hasn't worked, I tried turning it on but the battery was flat so plugged it in managed to sign in but that's all it would do I also noticed the mouse pad had lifted on one side so asked if it had been dropped but it hasn't, I unplugged it when it had reached full charge and tried again but it still wasn't working correctly so switched it off till this morning and then found that the mouse pad had lifted further and the outer case had swollen in places. It didn't feel to hot at anytime but it must have been inside the computer. Does anyone know if its repairable or if its not worth bothering with? Thanks for any info. Alan.

Thank you both for getting back to me. I wouldn't try fixing it myself the link you gave me to look at swarfendor43 was really informative. Do you think its worth having the battery replaced? Thanks again. Alan.

Thank you MoZaLaN for the offer, I would be able to change the battery myself and I would never stick needles into a battery its the same as putting them in a freezer anyone doing these things must have something missing up stairs. I'm staying at my sisters in Mosborough and my son mention a company in Killamarsh so I have sent them email asking if its worth fixing and a idea of the price. Would like to say thank you all for the advice and help given. Alan.

Edited by alan p