Blades vs Chesterfield - Trophy day

Well, its all set up for a brilliant day for Sunday.

A high probability of United reaching 100pts, a sell out crowd, lifting the Trophy.

The achievements of this management / squad of players cannot be underestimated. All you have to remember is the feeling of last seasons, last match under Adkins.

Should be a good party atmosphere in the ground and on London Rd afterwards.

100pts would be lovely, keeping people off the pitch at full time would be nice too.

Be nice to see George Long get on the pitch too for the last 10-15mins. His attitude as Number 2 to Moore for most of the season appears to have been excellent.

Onwards and upwards.

UTB

Hi mate, not really familiar with London Rd these days. Is there a pub with a garden where I could take the 2 kids with me after the game?

Hi mate, not really familiar with London Rd these days. Is there a pub with a garden where I could take the 2 kids with me after the game?

There's a bit of a beer garden at the back of The Albion, and one at Barrys bar. other than that The Sheaf maybe better if you got kids in tow.

Would imagine most of the pubs around the ground might be packed and rowdy and not very kid friendly though.

There's a bit of a beer garden at the back of The Albion, and one at Barrys bar. other than that The Sheaf maybe better if you got kids in tow.

Would imagine most of the pubs around the ground might be packed and rowdy and not very kid friendly though.

Do you mean Sheaf on Bramall lane? We do sometimes go to Sheaf View or Shakespeare (Brothers Arms). Was wanting to take in a bit more of the atmosphere though. We've been on the Kop many times so used to rowdy. Was caught in the ****edit Barnsley fans ambush last season though and the trouble clearly upset them, so want to avoid any bother.

Forgot myself there, sorry mods, corrected my mistake.:thumbsup:

Edited by blackydog

Do you mean Sheaf on Bramall lane? We do sometimes go to Sheaf View or Shakespeare (Brothers Arms). Was wanting to take in a bit more of the atmosphere though. We've been on the Kop many times so used to rowdy. Was caught in the lovely Barnsley fans ambush last season though and the trouble clearly upset them, so want to avoid any bother.

To be fair it shouldn't be a hostile atmos so probably be fine, Chesterfield fans will want to slope away quietly I would have thought.

Edited by top4718

:thumbsup:

To be fair it shouldn't be a hostile atmos so probably be fine, Chesterfield fans will want to slope away quietly I would have thought.

toppy, you quoted me and i inadvertantly used a banned word, can you edit please, I've only been back a week. :)

Edited by blackydog

:thumbsup:

toppy, you quoted me and i inadvertantly used a banned word, can you edit please, I've only been back a week. :)

Done :hihi::hihi:

Done :hihi::hihi:

Thanks top. Confused me now though by adding "lovely" don't know if your a Barnsley FC sympathiser or being sarcastic??? :huh:

The Beer Engine fits the bill.

Thanks top. Confused me now though by adding "lovely" don't know if your a Barnsley FC sympathiser or being sarcastic??? :huh:

Definite sarcasm :hihi:

The Beer Engine fits the bill.

Thanks Antone. :thumbsup:

Well, its all set up for a brilliant day for Sunday.

A high probability of United reaching 100pts, a sell out crowd, lifting the Trophy.

The achievements of this management / squad of players cannot be underestimated. All you have to remember is the feeling of last seasons, last match under Adkins.

Should be a good party atmosphere in the ground and on London Rd afterwards.

100pts would be lovely, keeping people off the pitch at full time would be nice too.

Be nice to see George Long get on the pitch too for the last 10-15mins. His attitude as Number 2 to Moore for most of the season appears to have been excellent.

Onwards and upwards.

UTB

It would be nice to get 100 points and logically speaking it should be relatively straight forward but you know football always throws a curve ball. Winning will just add to the spice but make no mistake whatever the outcome, they'll be a massive party atmosphere.

As for George Long, I see no point in him playing if he doesn't need to. It's all a little too late for him now and it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone at the end of the season. We'll need a much stronger back up goalie.

I'm not sure why Chesterfield fans are coming, we should have just kept all the tickets for our supporters and filled every seat with a Blade... that would have been even more special. Saying that, it's always nice to show our local teams how to win a league in style!

In one of my favourite pubs (A fair few United fans, good craic with most of 'em) there's a big mahf who even the Blades don't like. I just said that nowt's certain in football and I wouldn't put my house on a United win. "I would" he bawled, "tha must be mad!"

For Mr. Gobby

COME ON CHEZZY!

I don't gloat usually, but please Chezzy, blow the form book out of the water.

Apologies to the other Blades in the pub, but for once, with him, I want to be extra smug. I think some of the Blades will have a pop at him should the 'impossible' happen.

Edited by Hotmale 1954