Snuff (the stuff you put up your nose)

Not as bad tho is it i imagine.Not affecting lungs like fags, tar and stuff?:thumbsup:

I believe it's much more carcinogenic, but I suppose it does mean that nobody else is affected. A passive sniffing lawsuit could be quite amusing ..... :hihi:

snuff is bad for your health just as much as cigs are give them both up

do alot of people still take snuff? think that its a really good idea...hadnt thought of that one...does it have the same health implications?

did you know they have different flavours anaseed ,menthol ,raspberry , strawberry, & more

I've always bought apricot snuff made by a German company. Mainly because it's in a box which has a press down opening to get a good sniff without it going everywhere.

Pretty cheap as well and lasts ages.

for those who do not know what snuff is made of well it is 100% pure tobacco with added ingredients ie menthol and such like I once had to do some photos in a snuff company and I saw how it was made I had a clear head for about a month what with all the menthol they use. I use to take snuff everyday but I went back to smoking my pipes as I started to lose interest in taking it. snuff is very addictive just like smoking tobacco or I am now getting a very fond liking to chewing tobacco and the darker the baccy and the stronger the baccy is the better I like it. I only chew tobacco when I am working in my darkroom as you cant smoke in there because of the chemicals what we use. it does wonders for your bowels though

Hehe I met my friend Carl for the first time when we were on the same bus and he was well drunk and he asked me if I could open this box for him cos it needed someone with nails, and he started putting this brown stuff up his nose and I was only about 14 so thought he was a heroin addict or something (yes I was a very young 14 :roll:).

Years later we meet on the bus again and I had no idea it was him!! and we stayed in touch, he becomes a really good mate, and I was in his room and he opened this little box and started sniffing this brown stuff and i was like 'oh my god, it was you!!' and then I had to admit how I thought he was a druggie lol. He did admit it probably looked a bit dodgy though!

without sounding cheeky peterw, how can you guarantee this?

I jiust knew someone would ask. You’ve made my day! When I was a lad my parents were caretakers at the Bottom Snuff Mill. I learned a lot about their history and that of the Mill, and from around 1745 to the time we left they had a 200-year record of having no employees off work for either a cold or the flu. I did write to a laboratory where they were investigating the Common Cold. I heard they checked it, but they never replied with their conclusions. See also ‘dibsy’ on page one.

sorry to sound niave, but what is snuff?

Don't worry, I'm as naive as you.

All I know is it's a brown powder that prevents colds/hayfever

PeterW - what are the health implication of using snuff?

Obviously for normal fags lung, mouth and whatever else cancer. Is it the same for snuff?

It's a gorgeous nicotine encrusted box of delights.

Think it has summat to do with the miners not being able to spark up, though aint sure.

It's harmful but not that much.