Indoctrination in all things Football esp. Blades football

:nono:

This is not correct as you and so many owls seem to agree it is I thought I'd just put the record straight Maidenhead didn't adopt the name "United"until 1920 so therefor Sheffield United are and always have been the original United.:clap:.

Can you provide a link to this?

Can you provide a link to this?

No problem. Now you do the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_United_F.C.

After the Great War the two clubs amalgamated as Maidenhead Town and adopted the famous black and white stripes. They had immediate success winning the Great Western League. In 1920 the name "United" was adopted and two years later they entered the Spartan League. They won the title three times in their nineteen-year stay. In 1936 Maidenhead reached the semi-final of the FA Amateur Cup losing 4–1 to Ilford at West Ham in front of 18,000 spectators. It was that season that the ground record attendance of 7,989 was set when Southall came to York Road in the quarter-final. In the 1929–30 season the club’s goal-scoring record for a season was set when Jack Palethorpe scored 65 goals in 39 games. He went on to play for Sheffield Wednesday and scored in the Owls FA Cup win in 1935.

Edited by cherrytree03

No problem. Now you do the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_United_F.C.

After the Great War the two clubs amalgamated as Maidenhead Town and adopted the famous black and white stripes. They had immediate success winning the Great Western League. In 1920 the name "United" was adopted and two years later they entered the Spartan League. They won the title three times in their nineteen-year stay. In 1936 Maidenhead reached the semi-final of the FA Amateur Cup losing 4–1 to Ilford at West Ham in front of 18,000 spectators. It was that season that the ground record attendance of 7,989 was set when Southall came to York Road in the quarter-final. In the 1929–30 season the club’s goal-scoring record for a season was set when Jack Palethorpe scored 65 goals in 39 games. He went on to play for Sheffield Wednesday and scored in the Owls FA Cup win in 1935.

Good old Wikipedia, like nobody can change that :hihi:

Oh dear now he's grabbing straws, man up and admit your mistake you'd look a lot better for it.:hihi:

Well, this thread has sure taken an interesting turn.

Let us concede that Sheffield United (formed so as to play games at Bramall Lane after The Wednesday abandoned it as being to small) are indeed the first team to use the name United , this was followed by thousands of Uniteds World wide and leaves the irrevocable fact that there is only one Wednesday :hihi:

Edited by samssong

Let us concede that Sheffield United (formed so as to play games at Bramall Lane after The Wednesday abandoned it as being to small) are indeed the first team to use the name United , this was followed by thousands of Uniteds World wide and leaves the irrevocable fact that there is only one Wednesday :hihi:

Nobody else daft enough.:hihi:.

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 19:33 ----------

Well, this thread has sure taken an interesting turn.

A turn to the facts my friend, hard for some to cope with.:hihi:

It was better before you edited it:)

It was better before you edited it:)

I know but i thought that there was only me who knew that there is another team called after the day it was formed :)

I know but i thought that there was only me who knew that there is another team called after the day it was formed :)

You can't get away with owt on here:)

Had a nice ring to it though

Abergavenny Thursdays?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Abergavenny Thursdays?