The end of mainstream news reporting

*All* news has a slant of editorial bias to it, else any event being reported would just be a script of times and dates of who/when/what/where/why.

The bias is favoured towards your target audience. As much slating as the BBC gets, it has to present a politically correct front so it doesn't upset anyone as per it's charter, and it will be constantly reviewed to make sure it provides a balance in reporting and programming.

You'll note that the BBC gets accused of being pro-left yet also accused of not giving enough airtime to.. the left. That tells me the balance is just fine to be honest.

I was on about World News it is not just bias it is indoctrinating

where do you get factual news from?

Government figures show that people are spending more money, great news, none of this referendum dip.

But the public are borrowing way too much, so more spending is bad news, where is this extra spending coming from?

I find myself watching RT quite a lot. I know they go light on Russia's short comings, but they tell it like it is regarding a certain other countries foreign policies.

Government figures show that people are spending more money, great news, none of this referendum dip.

But the public are borrowing way too much, so more spending is bad news, where is this extra spending coming from?

Are you on the right topic

Social media can never replace true journalism IMO.

I agree it can't and shouldn't, but it is replacing a lot of people's access to the 'news'.

There's an interesting thing that happens, when people -who so far have unknowingly benefited from journalistic integrity- gain access to online facilities they frequently firstly end up on social media, often as friends relatives have encouraged them to get online for this precise reason. They then appear to not realise the difference and regurgitate a lot of crap as news that bears only a format with actual news.

It tapers out when they're a bit less green