Anybody On Here From Brightside Or Hinde House School

I was there from 67-71. Mick Glover was my form teacher, nice bloke though during sports lessons he'd put you through the grinder. Other teachers at that time: Mr Moss, Mr Goldstrawe,

Mr Andrew, Mr Dowling, Miss Smith, Miss Frohock (cow), Mr Sagar, Mr Nicholson, Mr Stretch, Mr Keenan, Mr Keeton (buster), Mr Turner (head of lower site), Mr Ward, Mr Cutts. I could go on and on, who remembers 'spam' pemberton the deputy head & Crownshaw?

Classmates:

Andrew Surr, Brian Patrick, Keith Glover, David Wills, Mick Gilmore, Des Briggs, Geoff Capewell, Martin Clarke, Norman Bailey, Stuart Butler, George Patterson, Winston Reid, Liz Cook, Theresa Turton, Liz Rhodes, Gail Morris, Gail Pinning, Jean Maroney.

Does the school still exist? I heard a rumour it had been bulldozed.

Bought back a lot of memories and reminders of people long forgotten

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive just found this web site and subject, and know a lot of names from Brightside.

I am a 3rd generation Brightsider, my grandad, Albert Neale was from Brightside, my Dad Ted Neale still lives in Brightside, and I was born in Brightside and lived there for 29 years until I emigrated to Australia in 1998.

I recognise a lot of names from the 70s, of my Dads age, Kiwi Pete and Alanbystreet seem to have grown up in my parents era.

My adulthood centered around the Rising Sun, as did my Dads, and Grandads. Had some good memories in there.

My childhood centered around the park or reck, me and Mr Fiddler never saw eye to eye,although I give him his dues, he kept it spottless.

Ill take a trip down memory lane approx 75 \76

Limpsfield ; the Abdullas, the Parkers, the Vollums as mentioned, the Peaces, the Rastricks, the Joneses, the Brownleys, Mrs Winterbottem, the Greens, the Hattersleys, the Ellises, the Windles, the Willeys, the Gaffneys, the Johnsons,

Stupton; the Hanwells, as mentioned, the Gibbs, the Newtons, the Gills, the Ellises, the Pashleys, the Goodsons, the Waltons

Oxted ;The Neales, the Turtons, the Griffithses, the Capewells, Mrs Dasilva , the Scaifs, the Batesies, the Doyles, the Peacocks, the Bakers, the Burgins, the Ashforths, the Lacks, the Coultons, the Goulsons, Sally Atkin, Wilf the cobbler, the Wilsons, the Newcombes

All to name a few.

It holds some good memories for me Brightside, I do get back every few years although it hasnt got the same community feeling as when growing up in the 70s.

Anyone else have memories of 70s Brightside?

• 1 month later...
Anyone out there who was at Hinde House School, 68-71 ?,Mr Ward was my form teacher,a few names, Christine Colten,John Andrews,Stuart Butler,Andrew Greasley,Anne Redgate,Leonard Beedham,Gail Pinning, Kathleen Ryan .

Simon Unwin

hiya,

i left hinde house in 1971 who else is on here from the same year?