Martial Arts Instructors

All sounds quite bad, but the cake pretty much makes up for it

Mmm, cake

Think I might have seen a demonstration by that guy or someone similar, looked very dubious (e.g. punch a pad then 2 seconds later the padman leaps in the air)

Hey guys have a laugh at this post:

21-05-2006, 01:18 AM #335

cavegal

"Hey chefkicker is there any one in particular that you are talking about in hillsborourgh ? my fiancee used to train with Paul and as far as i am aware Paul used to be a karate guy not kickboxing , i thaught these were the type of instructors you hated so much where has all the respect gone you sometimes bang on about I have read alot of your comments on diffrent threads and every time some one mentions kickboxing then you claim to be the only qualified person in sheffield, what are your qualifications, and from who, I would be intrested to know how legitamate you actually are after all any one that names a kickboxing style after himself must be pretty much up his own"

Who, where from and what is this "cavegal" ?

Is he /she/it affiliated to one of these instructors to avoid like the plague?

Is cavegal one of those idiots who post racially offensive and generally derogatory comments on my guestbook?

Who wants to help unravel the mystery?

Now the interesting things are as follows.

1. Cavegal was posting here at 1:18am on a saturday night :hihi:

Ok nothing wrong with that I guess. Maybe he/she/it felt irrate at the time.

2. Cavegal mentioned having a "fiancee" is she female or a man pretending to be a woman online? Or maybe her sexuality is none of my business.

3. I was nothing but complimentary of Paul Powers with my comment :

Kickboxing= Apart from the obvious AFK highly successful team of instructors, there is also Paul Powers , the Marsdens (who are possibly more Karate orientated but are still very good) and then Claude from Black Dragons.

Cavegal accuses :

1. Me of hating Karate Instructors

2.Paul Powers of not being a kickboxing instructor

3. Me claiming that Im the only kickboxing instructor in sheffield (???)

:confused:

Having ventured into the world of promoting it is in my interest if there are good kickboxing clubs in sheffield!!!

Good kickboxing clubs= good fighters willing to fight under full contact or kickboxing rules = exciting fights = A good kickboxing scene locally.

If AFK was the only decent kickboxing club we wouldnt have a scene and my fighters will continue to have to travel to Birmingham and other places like we currently do. Or worse still have to make do with Light Continuous tournaments locally.

Also every post that Cavegal has written seems incredibly bitter about something. More about kickboxing than anything else.

Hi everyone me again just to put chekiker straight,

1 I'm not acussing you of hating karate instructors- but you have said that karate instructors that teach kickboxing are , liars , there cheating students, scumbags,amongst other things( all of thiese can be seen on your previous threads)

2 I merely mentioned that Paul was a Karate man

3 Well you do think that you are the only kickboxing instructor in Sheffield, on one hand you hate karate guys jumping on the kickboxing band wagon, then your saying you'd recomend people to train with clubs that have more of a karate base (or karate orientated).:loopy:

Theres no mystery to who i am or what style i do i have been training in karate for a number of years.

I only want to understand what you think a good or legitamate kickboxing instructor / coach is.

What do his / her credentials have to be.;)

Hi everyone me again just to put chekiker straight,

Or to make yourself look like an even bigger idiot than you are.

1 I'm not acussing you of hating karate instructors- but you have said that karate instructors that teach kickboxing are , liars , there cheating students, scumbags,amongst other things( all of thiese can be seen on your previous threads)

Yes I stand by that. Anyone claiming to teach kickboxing who really teaches point fighting and musical forms (then passes it off as kickboxing) is a liar a cheat and a scumbag. I will say all of the above to their faces too and yours if needs be.

2 I merely mentioned that Paul was a Karate man

Yes at the same time trying to stir trouble up between me and Paul. You conveniently havent mentioned who you are, where you train or YOUR actual kickboxing credentials (which are most likely non existent or you would agree with me on the scumbags bit)

3 Well you do think that you are the only kickboxing instructor in Sheffield,

Hmmm I keep forgetting how doing Katas increases the power of the mind :P

Your a mind reader all of a sudden :P

on one hand you hate karate guys jumping on the kickboxing band wagon,

Of course I do , most of them are bogus. Most of my coloured belts would KO most of those instructors and paper black belts clean out.

By the way Im talking about my TEENAGE coloured belts never mind fully grown adults :P

I would gladly put Zeashan Ali (Age 15, Green Belt , 6'2" 80KG) Against one of your black belts at 80KG in a full contact bout. Im actually struggling to match Zeashan after the last 3 KO's he has won by :cool:

How about Haafiz Raheal Ali (age 17, Orange Belt , 5'10" 75kg) against one of your other Black belts/Instructors. :)

I am confident that they will either KO clean or completely batter/humiliate most Black belts in a full contact bout.

The gauntlet has been laid down unless you are from one of those mickey mouse clubs that dont fight outside your own association.

then your saying you'd recomend people to train with clubs that have more of a karate base (or karate orientated).:loopy:

Why not? Simon and Darren Marsden support my shows and are nice guys so who cares about their base :thumbsup:

Theres no mystery to who i am or what style i do i have been training in karate for a number of years.

I only want to understand what you think a good or legitamate kickboxing instructor / coach is.

What do his / her credentials have to be.;)

1. Black Belt or above in Kickboxing. Failing that a black belt in another martial art is acceptable (better than nothing I guess ;) )

2. Have actual kickboxing experience. You cant relate it as well if you havent actually been there. I dont care how good a coach you are (supposedly), if you dont know what a full contact fighter goes through in training and in preparation for a bout as well as the actual bout itself then I honestly do NOT rate you! Also you are unlikely to have a good understanding of the sport and be stuck in your own ideas.

I tried to explain to a karate guy (who converted to kickboxing) the importance of good management and correct matchmaking and he said words to the effect of "let him get banged out it will do him good" .

I have tried to explain the 28 day TKO medical suspension rule to a team full of Taekwondo people who have jumped on the kickboxing bandwagon.

They all looked at me bewildered with their teammate having been stopped on a KO yet the coach still insisted I reverse the decision and let the KO'd fighter carry on . :hihi:

3. A GOOD instructor will have had experience behidn the scenes . Matchmaking, Judging , Refereeing. A good coach should be involved not just in the gym but for the better of the sport as a whole.

Im sure a karate instructor is ok for showing absolute beginners how to stand and throw a basic jab and cross and a few flashy kicks but real kickboxing has more to it than that.

There is no point me trying to explain it all to you as you seem content to hide behind a fake user name and rubbish others while trying to kill off the sport of kickboxing from the inside dont you.

Having said that you seem to be totally brainwashed anyway so all the wisdom in the world wont help you.