The consequence thread (Brexit)

A classic case of self-denial. I am VERY HAPPY I voted the right way (to leave). You must realise how arrogant your statement is - that over half the people who voted are wrong, but little you, is right.

I am also very happy at all the problems the Labour and Conservative parties are now suffering. It may shake them up enough so that they now come out of their elitist London-orientated bubble and start focusing on the real world.

How am I in denial? If we get a Norway deal I will be delighted. It's the best I can hope for since Brexit. But if we get a Norway deal it will be seen as a huge failing for the Brexit voters.

You are mistaken if you think we can get an EU deal as good as the one we just stuck two fingers up at.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 16:48 ----------

.......factual! not foolish!

They goose step? How is that factual?

How am I in denial? If we get a Norway deal I will be delighted. It's the best I can hope for since Brexit. But if we get a Norway deal it will be seen as a huge failing for the Brexit voters.
Why would we want a "Norway" deal? We want our own, UK deal. Norway forged their own deal, not modelled on someone elses. Why shouldn't we?

Oh, well that is excellent then. Good job the Pension Funds don't invest in all...

Wait, what do you mean they try and mitigate risk by spreading invest... but that... Oh.

i guess your right its the speculator are to blame not the out vote

Why would we want a "Norway" deal? We want our own, UK deal. Norway forged their own deal, not modelled on someone elses. Why shouldn't we?
Do you want to get it done in 2 years, or 10?

All of the trade deals you listed above, how long did they take to negotiate and finalise?

Take the Korea one (one of the fastest in the list, with one of the largest economies in the list, so comparable to the UK).

2007-2011: 4 years to be done and applied (-provisionally).

2007-2015: 8 years to be fully ratified.

Edited by L00b

It's not just about what we want it's about what we can get. And a Norway deal sounds likely.

All of the trade deals you listed above, how long did they take to negotiate and finalise?

Take the Korea one (one of the fastest in the list, with one of the largest economies in the list).

We already trade and conform to all 27 European Countries, individual regs, so unless they are cutting off their collective noses, trade deals would not be like starting from the beginning.

Take the Korea one (one of the fastest in the list, with one of the largest economies in the list).

Which rather highlights the incompetence of our former masters at negotiating anything efficiently.

Don't negotiate with the EU negotiate with Berlin neing the way around such long winded nonsense.

"Radan's" description of Germany and France as "Goose steppers and their poodles" are so out of date and offensive to all. What were you thinking ? Many of us are upset with the position the UK is left in, but lets stay rational and think through solutions.

In fact if we are recover from this unfortunate & self imposed Brexit situation, we are going to need the co-operation and support of the leaders of both countries, especially Germany. By her position, she will influence many countries, so her close assistance is important.

Please, lets have positive inputs if we are going to be able to contribute to a badly needed solution