Martin Lewis says dump premium bonds.

Can I ask how many you have? Just wondering how many you need to actually have a realistic chance of getting something back.

I had some a while ago but got rid as I never got a single penny back. I can get 5% from my bank which for me as someone who only has a little money to save is a way better bet.

What bank is paying 5% On "little money"? investment. Please post details

Lots of regular savings accounts offering up to 6% . Some with instant access , some with restricted access and you don't need a large deposit . Just needs a bit of work setting up standing orders to move the money in on a regular basis.

Not enough posts to create a link but just go to moneysupermarket.com and search for regular savings.

you can make it a life's hobby shopping around for best interest rates and constantly moving money. Today's best rates won't be so next month. It's to lure you there. Same with utility companies. Each to their own, but I prefer to do other things than continuous internet searches and form filling, but whatever works for us

Returns on saved cash are rubbish as we speak.........the government make sure of that.

People who say they are winning in the present climate are either lottery winners, liars or very lucky indeed.

Premium bonds only make sense if you are lucky enough to have the maximum invested.

Don't santander offer something like on balances up to 20k

They offer 3% on a 123 current account (it has a monthly fee too) but it is hard to beat if you have around that amount to save.

5% is probably from a regular current account, which limits what you can deposit (or limits what 5% is paid on). Using a combination of the both is the best option.

And as Dr Stan said there are regular savings accounts, I've got a 6% with HSBC right now.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 19:40 ----------

Returns on saved cash are rubbish as we speak.........the government make sure of that.

People who say they are winning in the present climate are either lottery winners, liars or very lucky indeed.

Premium bonds only make sense if you are lucky enough to have the maximum invested.

The BOE set the base rate you know.

And as Dr Stan said there are regular savings accounts, I've got a 6% with HSBC right now.
...6% on what?....what does it amount to PA.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 19:43 ----------

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 19:40 ----------

The BOE set the base rate you know.

.......in cahoots with the government you know!