Small white van, no markings but blue flashing lights.

Guest Wakensforrum

Just flew down the wicker towards the parkway, not a dog or csi van. No markings at all, more like a small transit than an astra van etc. Rather strange.

Guest sibon

I'd say that a flying van was very strange....

That was on the corner of my street the other day. Anyone know what it is?

That was on the corner of my street the other day. Anyone know what it is?

A small white van with no markings & blue flashing lights at a guess. :hihi:

it may well have a dog in it.

Check the numberplate, the police don't often use vehicles past 3-5 years of age.

Look at the driver too, if he's wearing a vest with a fag hanging out of his mouth chances are they're not a copper.

The only other people who it could be in my opinion other than the usual three emergency services are either the immigration service who sometimes tend to prefer to be discreet for obvious reasons or alternatively a private provider sub contracting to the National Blood Service. Even then, the private firms still tend to have some form of livery on the vehicle.

Might be worth asking the police if it is anything to do with them or at least reporting it considering the incidents recently in the area. Hopefully if it isn't one of their own, they should be able to pull a reg from one of the cameras in the area and check it out.

I know in the ambulance service, we have some unconventional vehicles that are used as an emergency back up to ambulances (logistics as such) but even then the ones we have do tend to be marked up.

Bizarre and un-nerving.

Thankfully we have no flying vans of any description out in S35. Are we missing aht on owt I wunder.

Worried Angel1.

I saw a unmarked undercover police van pull a trades van the other day. Blue flashing lights in the front grill, and no markings. I guess they think people wouldn't expect the man in the white van to be traffic police.