Writing about Hillsborough

the neglect of the hillsborough hall coach house is an interesting story

it's rotting away - a listed building in council ownership...

I think one of the biggest things that Hillsborough is facing at the moment is the sheer number of buildings that have been purchased but not developed.

This is leaving the area looking deserted and rundown as buildings are mothballed and just left to rot by their new purchaser.

In some cases the same owner has many properties and has just left them all - closed and in ruin.

This extends from Hillsborough corner right up Middlewood Rd to the bottom of Wadsley Lane, to Langsett Road.

I could do you a 3 day rant on the state of the pavements, especially supposedly dropped kerbs (the number of times I've nearly gone flying out my chair... well its just not funny any more :D)

you guys are brilliant! gonna come back to you as soon as i finished my exciting 2000 word essay about coucil tax. there are defo some things worth looking into!

Cheers, x

Come and talk to art and design students about how shocking Hillsbrorough College is.

:rant:

hey,

i too am doing journalism and have to report on hillsborough with uta. I was just wondering what the problem is with the college? Why is it so bad on your course? Do alot of the students feel the same?

Thanx,

Jaz x

Is the Owlerton greyhound and speedway stadium part of your remit?

yes it is :)

hey,

i too am doing journalism and have to report on hillsborough with uta. I was just wondering what the problem is with the college? Why is it so bad on your course? Do alot of the students feel the same?

Thanx,

Jaz x

I just wrote out a long in-depth list of why we are not happy bunnies in the art world of Hilsborough College then hit the wrong button and lost it all. :| I could cry. But I'll have some cake instead. PM me or send me an email via my profile and I'll tell you about it (again).

I could do you a 3 day rant on the state of the pavements, especially supposedly dropped kerbs (the number of times I've nearly gone flying out my chair... well its just not funny any more :D)

hey,

is this a problem all over h/b? does it affect you quite alot? and others?

thanks x

Drop kerbs? It depends how far your remit stretches.. if Our estate is included I could get you an interview with the formidable babs! linky

Jazc, the so-called dropped kerbs and general state of the pavements is a huge problem to be as a manual wheelchair user, as fox20thc almost certainly knows the pavement outside Winn Gardens shops are virtually impassible even with my very strong wife lifting the chair (there is no pavement on the opposite side) - this makes getting to the brand new, fabulous medical centre is a huge chore and causes me great pain. The original plans for the medical centre included a 2m wide footpath on the opposite side, but this was later deleted and questioning councillors has come to nothing. Drop me a PM and we can talk, this could really be a story :)

Jazc, the so-called dropped kerbs and general state of the pavements is a huge problem to be as a manual wheelchair user, as fox20thc almost certainly knows the pavement outside Winn Gardens shops are virtually impassible even with my very strong wife lifting the chair (there is no pavement on the opposite side) - this makes getting to the brand new, fabulous medical centre is a huge chore and causes me great pain. The original plans for the medical centre included a 2m wide footpath on the opposite side, but this was later deleted and questioning councillors has come to nothing. Drop me a PM and we can talk, this could really be a story :)

SHEFWEB as you know from my links if you have a real issue PM me and we can try to sort it out. Problem being that the pavement outside the shops may be owned by the shop who bought that land, but I can push it forward for you.

I`m not sure if this will help, i hope it does, but I have a blog and I posted a few stories about Hillsborough on it. The addy is : http://dopplereffect.blog.co.uk/

You might have to hunt through it for the stories, one in particular is an account of a time when i worked in a store there in the 70s.

I hope this helps you.