What's your favourite local restaurant and why?

Does anyone know the name of the little french restaurant on the way to walkley? the one that serves hot wings while you wait and some of the biggest portions I've ever seen?

Went there the other week, I'd recommend it!

I think you mean this one

Chez La Lou

French

10 Commonside

Steel Bank

S10 1GB

0114 2686983

it's really nice, great food and service, very small/cosy inside

• 4 weeks later...
Seafood restaurants are great. After all, nothing says 'special' quite like seafood.

Actually, I went to my favourite restaurant on the Fylde coast last Friday; I had foie gras parfait with truffle air to start, followed by Three cuts of Forest of Bowland Beef in a green peppercorn sauce and served with dripping fat cut chips and finally rounded off with a Banana Butty Creme Brulee. Divine! And the proprietor Caroline gave us a free bottle of champagne because I wrote kind words about them in the Times.

I likes me food, but my dictionary of pretentious foodie terms hasn't been updated since cheese and onion crisps became "hand cooked farmhouse cheddar and organic pan-fried shallot potato slices" down at low-rent supermarket Morrison's.

Prey tell, what is 'truffle air' - are you served with a plate that used to contain truffles? "Dripping fat cut chips"? "Banana butty creme brulee"? All a bit Arabella Weir/'Posh Nosh' for my liking.

Call me a luddite but it sounds like the sort of menu designed to part fools with a lot of their cash, recommendation in The Times or not. :)

Spot-on with the assessment of the choice of 'Artisan' for the Thyme restaurant, though. To call it naff doesn't even begin to describe its hideousness - could no-one have had a word?

Let's just say he has a range of stock phrases which can lead to the easy formation of a Franco's drinking game. :hihi:

Nothing as exciting as anything involving handwashing I'm afraid (although I'm sure he abides by all health and safety regulations she hastily adds!)

Jabu is amazing! went for a friends birthday great food, loadsa fun and you can take your own booze!

Baan Thai is also great but a bit more expensive than jabu.

Kum quat maa (if thats how you spell it) as well, brilliant veggie restaurant.

• 2 years later...
I think you mean this one

Chez La Lou

French

10 Commonside

Steel Bank

S10 1GB

0114 2686983

it's really nice, great food and service, very small/cosy inside

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone had been to Chez La Lou recently I was thinking of taking my girlfriend. I typed it into google and found some great reports and some quite bad reviews. So just wondered if someone has been recently what they thought.

Thanks