What's your favourite local restaurant and why?

West 10 in Ranmoor.

Abso-blummin-lutely fabulous food, top notch indeedy in pleasant intimate surroundings. The food is on a par with the wines and champers, and mine host Mr Higgingbottom is a fan of Vuerve Cliquoet Ponsardin - THE champagne for a summer's evening. (He also stocks Cloudy Bay wine and a cheaper though very similar wine from New Zealand which saves you about £15 per bottle).

It's a smashing place with a lovely atmosphere. It has a little sun terrace for summer too. It's just how I imagine a bistro should be.

It's a little expensive but that can only be a good thing: it keeps life's tab ends out.

For pub grub, The Sportsman at Hallam takes some beating.

It's a little expensive but that can only be a good thing: it keeps life's tab ends out.

But attracts the knob ends by the sounds of it :)

Has anybody tried or heard things about Catch or Artisan (formerly Thyme) in Crosspool? I keep meaning to try Catch as I'm a big seafood lover but haven't yet got round to it. On a separate but related note 'Artisan' has to be one of the most stupid names for a restaurant that I have ever heard.

Has anybody tried or heard things about Catch or Artisan (formerly Thyme) in Crosspool? I keep meaning to try Catch as I'm a big seafood lover but haven't yet got round to it. On a separate but related note Artisan has to be one of the most stupid names for a restaurant that I have ever heard.

I've heard that Catch is very good, if you like seafood obviously, but a bit pricey.

I've heard that Catch is very good, if you like seafood obviously, but a bit pricey.

Seafood restaurants are great. After all, nothing says 'special' quite like seafood.

Actually, I went to my favourite restaurant on the Fylde coast last Friday; I had foie gras parfait with truffle air to start, followed by Three cuts of Forest of Bowland Beef in a green peppercorn sauce and served with dripping fat cut chips and finally rounded off with a Banana Butty Creme Brulee. Divine! And the proprietor Caroline gave us a free bottle of champagne because I wrote kind words about them in the Times.

Marmaris on London Road. Very friendly, nice and airy and fantastic Turkish cuisine.

Froggies Bistro or Wasabisabi, both on London Road, are my favourites.

Portofino London Road, great Italian, take your own wine, and a lot cheaper than town.

If I'm feeling rich Candy Town on London road is hard to beat. :partyhat:

But attracts the knob ends by the sounds of it :)

Well, I for one prefer to drink in establishments where the customers don't wear hoodies and baseball caps, but that's a personal thing.

Nor am I keen on the sound of industrial clattering that apparently goes under the guise of 'music', for sport to be displayed on so many screens that I feel as if I'm hallucinating and where, after a night out, you don't wake with a sore throat because you had to shout so loud just to speak to the person sat next to you.

One can only stomach so much Mr Q!

Has anyone tried the Venue? I think it's in Dinnington on the top of a hill - small white restaurant. The service and the food are like nothing I have ever tasted before or since and I would highly recommend it. For 4 of us it cost about £100 but it was well worth it.

Well, I for one prefer to drink in establishments where the customers don't wear hoodies and baseball caps, but that's a personal thing.

I tend to pick restaurants based on the food rather than what the other diners are wearing, I'm weird like that.

for great italian food-al carrettos on the corner of broadfield road at heeley takes some beating.chicken stregato or piccante and their garlic bread is a particular favourite.the decor and toilet could do with a spot of decorating though.ive been going for a while and its never changed at all,but the food is just delicious!!!