Simply Fairness - or Utter Madness.

Aren't there a bad of planning rules that have to be met? Then what would the locals think of refugees popping up in caravans all around the place?

Councils make the rules as far as I know...but no,your idea is better..they should be housed in £3000 a month properties in one of the most expensive parts of the country..

One point always missed out is rather than focus on how much the house is worth, take account of where it is. Any 6 bedroom house in Camden is going to cost a lot of money.

The house is still the landlords.

The rent goes to the private LL milking the system.

They wouldnt have to house them in the private sector if much of the social housing stock hadnt been sold off.

One point always missed out is rather than focus on how much the house is worth, take account of where it is. Any 6 bedroom house in Camden is going to cost a lot of money.

They wouldnt have to house them in the private sector if much of the social housing stock hadnt been sold off.

The house is owned by the council.

Councils make the rules as far as I know...but no,your idea is better..they should be housed in £3000 a month properties in one of the most expensive parts of the country..

Was that my idea, or have I even suggested that I was in favour of it? In future could you reply on what I actually post?

All I've asked is what are the alternatives to providing decent housing to a load of children.

They're in a council owned property.....

Where does it say they are refugees? and it wouldn't be illegal to house refugees intents which are much cheaper than houses.

Because if you do some research then you will see they were asulum seekers and have now been given leave to remain.

Housing benefit is to do with being given asistance to rent and not the right to a particular house. So the obligation isnt to house but to give assistance. Go and look it up.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 15:32 ----------

They're in a council owned property.....

They are now but it wasnt in London i.e the bit that makes them notorious.

They are still making a big hoo haah about how big the current house is. Unfortunately thats the price of 6 bedroom houses.

Was that my idea, or have I even suggested that I was in favour of it? In future could you reply on what I actually post?

All I've asked is what are the alternatives to providing decent housing to a load of children.

Do you disagree with them moving to London and being funded by the taxpayer to the extent they are? Do you think a caravan is suitable for accommodation? Do you think we should be paying £3k a month to house them?

The reason they have moved them to coventry iis most likely to be because it is cost effective.

They moved them from Coventry to London.... because " they decided they would rather live in London"

"The family were initially housed in a £1,000-a-month property in Coventry, West Midlands."

Now they're in a £3k house in London...

Do you disagree with them moving to London and being funded by the taxpayer to the extent they are? Do you think a caravan is suitable for accommodation? Do you think we should be paying £3k a month to house them?

I do not know why they were moved to London, there are some reasons that I'd agree it was a good idea some that that I would think would be a bad one.

For example, did someone say that they had disabled children? If one of their kids has regular appointments at a London hospital, then I'd say yes it was the right reason to move them there. If they were moved there for no other reason than they just fancied living in London, then I would say that that would be wrong.

I do not think that a caravan is suitable accommodation for such a big family with disabled children.

Again we're back to the reason as to why they're living in London. if £3k is the going rate for basic accommodation in the area that they need to live, then unfortunately £3k is what needs to be paid. If we paying £3k because they fancy living there, then it is wrong.

A side issue. We need to beware of moving out all social housing away from London because of the cost, what needs to be done is an attempt to tackle the cost of social housing in London.